Wednesday, April 01, 2009

WOW.....Work and more Work!!!

It wasn't very long after I had taken care of the morning rituals, had a couple of cups of French Roast coffee, and a bit of breakfast that I began working inside the RV, determined to get it finished today. Still many items to remove and carry inside......you know....I really am thinking that we should have left about 50% of what we removed because it is only about 9 weeks until we will put all of this back inside the RV again!! But........you know: "We might need it" is the common statement that we utter every time we return from a prolonged journey.

By late morning, I was finished with the vacuum, and had completed cleaning all of the rooms, as well as getting down on my aging knees and hands to scrub the floor. And finally.....it was finished!!!! From that time forward......I spent most of the time cleaning up around the front of the house...and out on the cracked patio in the rear. Leaves....leaves....leaves...and, more leaves had to be swept up and stuffed into yard bags.......windows had to be washed, the garage swept free of more leaves......and there is still much to do: THE YARD!!!!!! Yep.....the yard needs to be hand picked....sooooo damn many limbs and branches have fallen during the last three months, however............

Today was NOT the day to work the yard! I was busy enough doing the windows, etc., etc.....and it was late afternoon before I said: "ENOUGH....ENOUGH!!!!" And.....it was 4pm....and time for Happy Hour here in the HowserHouse. After a couple of glasses of my dark red medicine.......I began to relax a bit.....which was when I realized that my muscles were rebelling against my wishes.......and the screaming has become louder as this evening has progressed!!! UGH!!!!! Oh well........I am certain I needed to push myself a bit today...and my sagging hulk will recover, I'm quite sure!

I have been doing some thinking over the past 48 hours since we returned......and last night we briefly discussed this at the HannerHouse over some birthday dessert and Creme de Tequila. And that is the fact that we are now leading two separate lives.......a Life here in Missouri and a Life down in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. They are very different.......VERY!!! For example: when we arrived at our site in Llano Grande RV Resort in the Valley and before we had even started to unhook TheHowserHouse from the truck, we had barely stepped out of the truck and there were people coming over to greet us, to shake our hands, to introduce themselves.......to be friendly!!! When we arrived back here on Monday late afternoon, there was no one.....absolutely not one person in our neighborhood, where we have lived since 1992, waved, welcomed us home, or showed any sign of being friendly with the 1st Lady and myself. WHAT a difference!!!!! And....this is only one example!!!!!

Yes........everyone down there is friendly. Everyone is interested in getting to know new people....and to renew friendships with those whom they have met at another time. And.....as the winter begins.......we soon realize that we have a very, very busy and active social life down there. Again.....quite a difference from being in the stick and brick!! Hmmmmm........and we think about it and wonder.........why?

Is it because we are all very close to the same age??? Is it because we are all retired??? Is it because there are not any family obligations.......no household obligations......no responsibilities that we must face each morning????? I think about this quite often..........and, I can make one statement to those of you who have not been down there for a few months: you just cannot understand what it IS like in the RGV until you have spent a few months there........it is impossible!!!!! The 1st Lady and I really love it there.......and it isn't just because of the beautiful warm weather........it is because of the wonderful, beautiful people there...the people who are instantly friends......but, who remain some of the closest friends we have!!!!! It is a remarkable place to be!!!!!

And with that.......you must realize that...........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: