Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17, 2009: A VERY busy day......

This will be quick.....as my eyes are halfway down my cheeks with exhaustion.......sooooo.....very quickly:

I am alive and well and tired. Today was hectic, to say the least........we had plans to meet Becky and see Mike, with us bringing the dinner.......and that we did! Yep.....I made brownies at 7am this morning....BEFORE I had had my Fr. Roast coffee......and then as the morning kept moving quickly, I found myself broiling the steaks with my own little combination sauce of A-1, Worschershire(sp???? it has to be wrong but too tired to check the fridge), and cracked black pepper.......four thick steaks and after turning them, they became covered with fresh mushrooms and more sauce. On the top of the gas range I fixed some garlic and sweated onions...until they were carmelized and sweet.....and then all of this went together, along with some broiled yellow, red, and orange peppers which we brought back with us from the RGV. The 1st Lady made a green tossed salad and a fruit salad......and some of her favorite cinnamon biscuits. And....it turned into a fine meal for our part.........

And, following the afternoon of eating and talking.....we finally returned here about 9:45 this evening. And sooooo, as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: