Friday, April 03, 2009

April 3, 2009: To Dr. Jeni's for the weekend.....

Ahhhh, it was a chilly morning around 7:30 today......but, as the sun came over the leafless trees.....soooo different than the palm trees we are used to.......it warmed up nicely during the morning.

After the morning rituals, the Fr Roast coffee with freshly ground Starbucks beans, I continued doing things around the stick and brick. Will I ever catch up???? Hmmmm....you know, I just don't give a damn! Why should I worry about what others think about the outside/inside of the stick and brick?????? I am getting too damned old with too damned little time left to enjoy my Life.......my health could crack at any time, so why should I be concerned with what others think of me, or the place where I park the sagging hulk of Me????? Sooooo, I suggested to the 1st Lady that.......

We drive up and spend the weekend with Dr. Jeni and Darrel, Meghan, Ava, and the growing Max. Soooo, by the time I went and got another tank of propane for the upcoming COLD which is to rush down here from the upper areas of Canada sometime over the weekend, stop at the Bd. of Education Building to take care of some business, stop at the City Hall to pay a couple of monthly bills, and then go to the Court House to take care of them continuing to try to bill Jeremy taxes when he does not live here and has not lived here as a resident for over two years, it was almost noon.

We pulled away around 12:45....and drove straight into STL where I went to Brentwood Blvd to take my deathly ill laptop to the computer hospital there......the Toshiba Service Center. Discussing the illness, I patted it carefully on it's top.....and went out the door, leaving it sitting there with the "Dr.".....sure that it was going to be on death's bed with a negative prognosis by early next week. We'll see........

And then....on out to Dr. Jeni's......and by the time we arrived, Ava was up from her nap, and before long Meghan arrived. Max soon woke up.....and then......we had a light supper of fried chicken, etc., etc. It was great to see the kids.....they have changed over the past three months while we were in the RGV......and Max, especially!!! He has really grown, his hair is quite blond, and his weight....well, he could play football, I do believe!

The evening was spent in playing some table games.......and it is now approaching 11pm and my sagging hulk is sagging even more at this time of the night. Sooooo, with nothing else of any important to discuss.......I will close this out for tonight. As usual, we cannot get any cell phone service with Verizon out here in the countryside a few miles from town.....DAMN!!!!!! Sooo, if need be, and I am needed to be reached......use email!!! I check it frequently.....

And, as always........with three great little grandchildren to have hanging around.......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: