Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18, 2009: Misery has more dismal, dreary, damp days......damn!

Yep....another morning of dampness and dismal days.......and it lasted all day. After my morning rituals, two cups of Fr. Roast coffee and some breakfast.......the 1st Lady soon left for a Tea (not teabagging of the political or erotic type) that her Phi Beta Sigma Phi chapter was having at the home of one of her sorority sisters. Shortly after she departed, Sue Hanner called and wanted me to come out to her home for some coffee and talks about visitng Washington DC. Soooo, I went, I drank coffee, and had some ideas as to what she should visit and see while in D.C. next month. She has not been there....and is really excited at the thought of spending a week or more in that great city!!!!!

Returning to the stick and brick, the 1st Lady had already returned....and so we talked about her morning with the "tea and crumpet" girls.....haha!!! She enjoyed it....and that is all that is necessary.....right???

This afternoon......we just sort of hung out around the house. When it quit drizzling, the 1st Lady went outside and worked on destroying some weeds, wild violets, etc., etc........and I hope she was not working in vain!!!!

Around 6pm, Sue and Dave dropped by to pick us up to run up to Farmington for dinner, but first they came inside and we shared some vino and interesting conversation over many varied topics. We left about an hour later, and arriving at Appleby's, we waited about 30 minutes to be seated.

Well.......not sure WHY this always happens to me and the table of people I am with......but the damn kitchen screwed things royally, once again. Last time it was just outside of Harlingen, TX......but...tonight, the appetizers arrived 90 seconds ahead of the entrees. I told the server to return the entrees to the kitchen.....as we had JUST informed him we did not want the appetizers and entrees to be served at the same time(so it was 90 seconds later???). Then when he did bring them out......none of the three steaks were prepared they way we has asked for them to be cooked!!!!!!! Soooo, back went the food ......again......and when they returned with it, the sides were not correct!!!!!! OMG.......by that time the Manager arrived at the table and I politely told him the ongoing problems, beginning with the late arrival of the appetizers, followed immediately by the entrees. Well........after a bit of polite discussion, he said he would remove the appetizers from the bill for everyone......and then he said he would give each of the four of us a dessert with no charge. OK......that helped somewhat, but once again, the bottom line for this snafu is the poor management of the kitchen in this place!!!!!!! It completely befuddles me that they can screw things up sooooooo much, several times....in one evening!!! It will be one hell of a long time before we eat in this Appleby's again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back at the stick and brick, the 1st Lady and I have to coordinate tomorrow as we both have separate individual plans for the day.......of which I will discuss tomorrow evening. I have posted above some pictures I took today as I continue to experiment with the new camera.....and I am not happy just yet with the lack of sharpness in the pictures......and it could be completely all my fault. Sooooo, I will continue to read and snap pictures....and see if it is my eyes, or if the camera is just not focusing correctly when I take a picture.

Dismal, dreary, damp, and a dreadful time at Appleby's but, you know......there are sooooo many things that could be worse....right???? And sooo....as always......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: