Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009: UGH!!!! Rain most of the day.......

Yep.....by mid-morning the predictions were true: RAIN!!! It wasn't steady, but it came and went as the rain bands swept through this area......and nasty, it was!!!

Today??? Well, I barely stepped out of the stick and brick.......I found myself sitting at the bar in the kitchen area.....working, researching, reading, researching, writing emails, reading,......all on the computer. The coffee was nearby......but, not close enough for it to be possible to spill on this laptop!

I have had contacts with two different tour organizations about the Peru trip.....and each individual from each group are now working on suggestions, recommendations, reading my "wants" for this journey, and then will put together a package plan for the 1st Lady and myself. With not very many specifics on Peru.......I a reading and reading and reading to bring myself up-to-date on that mountainous country....and some history about Machu Picchu and the Incas.

We contacted Jeremy to see if he was free this weekend, but he has to be in Washington for a meeting this Friday. Soooooo, we were planning to fly to Hartford IF he was free, but we will have to find another weekend to fly back there for a few days. The cost to fly from STL is sooooo damn good right now......only $118 round trip.....so, we can hardly not go for that cheap price!!! The main factor is that our time is running out...as we will be leaving for two months around the 1st of June for our western journey...........WHEW....more trips to make than we have time for...haha!!

Guess with this possible Swine Flu problem......we will have to re-examine our plans to fly down to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in November for the wedding of a friend. But....that is a long way away.....and by then all of this could be not nearly as bad as expected. I sure hope this does not develop into the world-wide health problem that "they" are discussing........it might even affect our proposed trip to South America....ugh!!!

Sooooo, a day inside.....a day with my eyes glued to the monitor of the laptop.....a day of researching, which I really enjoy doing. But.....with all of this mental work.......as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: