Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 30, 2009: Hmmmm......Yep...it is time to get out the lifevests....MORE RAIN!!!!!

WOW.....did it ever rain today!!!! This morning was cloudy, with a dainty peek through the clouds by that thing that we used to know as the sun....and then this afternoon, the clouds opened up and rain, rain, rain. AND.....more to come tonight and tomorrow and until ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!! Yep...this deluge is supposed to become a daily event until May 8th!!!! Soooo, I plan to look for the lifevests tomorrow......

I feel asleep last night and didn't get any writing done....in fact, it never was even started! I watched Pres. Obama's press conference last night.....and you know........it is sooooo wonderful to see our President be able to think and to SPEAK in complete sentences and with a sense of humor!! THAT is something we have not been used to for 8 long years.

And then.....American Idol!!!! WOW.....what the hell happened???? THAT was a surprise....and with things being what they are.......it is now just a roll of the dice as to the eventual winner. I cannot remember any other year of American Idol when the final 7, than 6, than 5, and now the final four being soooooooo talented and sooooooo outstanding with their performances!!!!

Today, as I said, the rains kept me from doing anything outside.....except to look out the windows and realize that in a few short days from now I will not be able to see anything through the high, green grass that is growing by leaps and bounds!!! I may have to get a tractor and bail it when I finally ever do get a chance to do something about it. RAINS STAY AWAY!!!!

But, today....it was a reading, researching, test photo day. The 1st Lady left yesterday....late afternoon.....for Dr. Jeni's as she needed to stay with Max who is suffering from ear infections and a chest cold.....and we didn't think he needed to be taken out in this damp weather. Soooo, she stayed with him up there today.....and then is going on to her mother's in Monroe City until at least Monday, when she has to take her mother to a Dr.'s appt.

Sitting here at the bar in our kitchen/dining area, it allows me to see the west wall which is 2/3'rds windows.....and today was super for enjoying the birds....(the rains didn't bother them at all).....as they seemed to really be hungry!!! And so.....I got out my new camera and took some pics to continue to test the different settings, the telephone lense that is built-in, and to experiment. I was never ever able to do that with my 35mm SLR's as film was too damn expensive, but with this upgraded Canon SX10 IS.....which is a digital....I can shoot all I want and then just delete those I don't want to use/keep. And THAT I did..today!!!!

We did receive two sample itineraries for our proposed trip to Peru.......both from this lady who designs her tours with the individuals in mind.........based on what we want to do and see and where we want to spend extra time, etc ., etc. All of this is done with the premise that the 1st Lady and I will be the only ones traveling with a private guide and car/driver. Therefore.....the cost is a bit higher than I am wanting to pay......soooo, we will just keep researching our tour companies. Not that we have ruled this one out.....NO WAY. This type of tour is just what I would like......as in Egypt/Jordan we were two of only 8 people in our tour group...and it was fantastic!!!! But....I would like to get some reservations going as soon as we can.......

I DO want to get back on our schedule of traveling.......we still have on our "to go and see" list: China/Tibet, South Africa, New Zealand, Thailand, and I want to go to Northern India....as well as some short trips over to Europe. I haven't been to Europe since '01 and after making 12 trips to Europe in 20 years...... I am salivating just to get back over there!!! One major trip a year is The Plan!!!!!!!!!!

And sooooo, darkness (or clouds) has descended over Buford Heights and TheHowserHouse tonight......and I do have some laundry to fold before I settle in with a Robert Ludlum novel as I watch a bit of tv....can I really multi-task??? Hmmmm.......not sure.

But......nevertheless........and even with the rains....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: