Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009: Alive...I am, I am......Never fear, Howser's here!

Hmmmm.....two days have passed without a word from this sagging hulk of Me......and there is not really any decent excuse (nor any INdecent excuse). Yesterday was such a blah day for me that there was absolutely nothing to say, except discussing the damn weather and my morning rituals followed by Fr. Roast coffee.....all day long. Soooo.....yesterday is past and no need to go back to attempt to find something to discuss.......

Today??? I bit of a different story......as I was up before 6AM this morning to take care of those damn everyday morning rituals and to have a bite of breakfast before leaving for Festus. All of the previous were completed and I had time for a cup of that wonderful Fr. Roast coffee before getting three bottles of water, my phone car-charger, a jacket, an umbrella into the truck, and then the trash taken out to the street.

I had to be in Festus by 8:30am for a 9am appointment with my urologist......a six month check-up which I am ALWAYS glad to have done, so as to relieve the mental stress that sometimes floats through my disappearing gray matter(a few too many glasses of dark red medicine is most likely destroying the brain cells). The water???? I had to be completely full of liquids for the test that has to be done.....and so, I left the Fr. Roast at home and drank water all the way up there.......UGH!!!! I will not go into the details about the test, however let it just be said that it is a painless way of checking the "flow".........

After the test, and all of the other vitals recorded into the laptop that rests on the rolling cart in the examination room, my urologist arrived......his smiling, cheerful self!! One more test......the invasive digital examination.....and then he said that everything seems to be fine inside the darkest recesses of my body.....and after wishing me a belated Happy Birthday, he stated that I am "in the best shape of any of his 66 year old patients"...!! Haha.....sooooo, I will probably expire tomorrow now that he made that statement! Anyway.....one more test to be done in Farmington.....the PSA.....which I had done last year and at that time everything was A-OK!!

Returning to the Mineral Area......I stopped at a Walmart Supercenter and did some shopping for the items on the list I had made yesterday(see...I DID to something yesterday). Another stop was at the AT&T Corporate store.....where I discussed new phones, a new plan, and the costs involved in getting an iPhone 3G.....IF I can get the 1st Lady to agree....... And then.....it was back to the stick and brick for the remainder of the afternoon......a dismal rainy afternoon once again!!!!! My yard is still crying out for my attention......and I fear I am losing control of the many things that I need to do in order to make it presentable this summer. Perhaps....tomorrow????

And so.....we are still expecting guests to park their motorhome in our driveway this week.....and with each passing day, I look forward even more to their arrival!!!! Hopefully, with our schedules and their schedule we will be able to spend some quality, fun-filled hours with them before they return to Edmunton, Alberta, Canada.

I am HOPING that I get a package tomorrow, but it will probably be on Wednesday. The BIG news is I ordered a new digital, super-zoom Canon camera. It is the Powershot SX10 IS...which has 10 megapixel resolution, 20x optical zoom, Optical Image Stabilization, 28-560mm, and many, many more specifics. I have "tried" it in several camera stores over the past few weeks and even though it IS bigger than can go in my pockets, I am sooooo looking forward to the great zoom feature as well as many other features!!!! The reviews by sooooooo many owners are really, really quite good.....but, it is only in the eyes of the beholder that can determine whether it is the right one for them.....and, I sincerely hope it is for me!!!!

Soooo, soon I can begin to insert/embed pictures on this daily posting once again......YEAH!!!!!

All in all.....the day has gone well for me.........except for the April RAINS!!!!! But, you know.....we could be having tornadoes, wildfires, severe drought, blizzards, etc........sooooo, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!
(If you don't think BIG, nothing BIG will ever happen)

No comments: