Wednesday, April 08, 2009

April 8, 2009: A GORGEOUS day here in Missouri!!!

WOW.......today was better than yesterday.......what luck we are experiencing!!!!

Once again, I hauled my sagging hulk out of the bed about 7am.......and immediately headed for the kitchen where I quickly turned on the coffee maker which was filled with freshly ground French Roast coffee beans.....again. From there....it was over to the 1st Lady's computer and I turned it on....and waited for it accept my talented fingers on it's tidy little keyboard to tell it what to do. Email, Facebook, weather predictions, NYTimes, Washington Post, Hartford Courant, and a few other websites dealing with the news.

I heard the 1st Lady showering and as soon as she was finished I took care of my morning rituals, changed the bed, dressed, and then had breakfast. And then.........the ordeal began: working on those damned taxes.....which lasted until 3pm....and the 1st Lady joined me around 12 noon.....and remained with me as we reviewed, discussed, fixed a few items, reviewed, discussed, cussed, fixed again, reviewed, CUSSED, and then decided we had it done.....??? Another review tomorrow and then I push PRINT, and soon it will be in the mail.......as soon as possible since we have rather large refund from the Missouri Dept of Revenue.

About 4pm, we went outside where I attempted the beginning of the annual "stick pick up"....and that lasted until about 5pm. Then we have put up with an old, almost below ground stump from a crab apple tree that we had cut down a couple of years ago.....and so, it had pretty much rotted out, but I did take the axe to it and chopped out enough of it so that we can cover it with dirt and even out that ugly pit in the back yard.

Another hour was spent in the garage, moving some items from one place to another......OH NO....we wouldn't DARE get rid of them, would we???? "We might need them some time".....is always the stock phrase that is pulled out of the cobwebs of the brain each time I suggest that we should get rid of this, or that, or whatever since we haven't used it for several years. Sooooo, we began the task of playing "musical moves with the shit in the garage"!!!! It was not a happy hour for me, nor her, as we "discussed" each item.......guess I used the correct verb??? Where was the real Happy Hour that I am used to almost every day for the past 3 months??????

Dinner was left-overs........and a glass of my dark red medicine to aid in the digestive processes. And then another glass to make sure that I had my correct dosage today!

This evening?????? American Idol!!! Hmmmmm......can't say I agree with the individual who was voted out......but, someone has to go, even though I am not for certain he was the weakest one on stage......in fact, I KNOW he wasn't!!!!!

I did talk with our friend, Doug.....who is currently in Red Bay, Alabama with his motorhome having some warranty issues taken care of....and he said that he and Diane will be up here by Friday afternoon!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! Really anxious for them to arrive at this little stick and brick!!!! They have to be back in Canada by sometime next Wednesday........as they can only be out of Canada for six months....otherwise their national/provincial health insurance will lapse. Sooo, they will not be staying here very long......hopefully long enough to knock off two or three bottles of dark red medicine.....and some good Fr. Roast coffee together!!!!!!

And soooooo, another day.....an absolutely beautiful day.....has faded away into darkness....and cooler temps. I have been able to get a few pictures onto my Picasa acct from our six days in San Antonio two weeks ago......so I will add them to this post of the blog......and.......you know, don't you: as always........

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!! (And, remember: If you don't think BIG, nothing BIG will happen!!!)

No comments: