Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009: DAMN.....rain and rain and more rain!!!!

Will this ever end????? Should we build a boat???? But...if I did, how could I live on it without the internet?????? Hmmmm.....

Today......almost an exact copy of yesteday. The only difference was that we went up to Farmington as the 1st Lady had a Dr.'s appt. We have had to change docs as ours decided to go into hospital admin. of some kind.....and finding a new one is NOT easy. I didn't make an appt., but will probably need to do that soon just to get my name on a file in his office.

While she was seeing him, I went and received a horrific haircut on my 68 hairs. It is terrible.....nothing stands or lays correctly....and I look like some damn Texas skinned onion. Oh well.....at age 66 with a sagging hulk, who the hell is going to be "turned on" by this sagging hulk of mine???? NO ONE!!!!

And so, we then returned and by that time it was closer to 5 o'clock here.....and time for afternoon dose of dark red medicine. Checking my emails at that time.....I saw that the lady who runs one of the tour organizations in Peru was going to call me on Skype this evening, so I jotted down some questions to discuss with her. She organizes personal tours for couples or small, small groups for her tours through Peru.........and everything is completely personalized with no timetables other than just having reservations for planes, trains, buses. Soooo, we are considering using her...if the price is right.

This evening Nina did call....and we had a great conversation for almost 30 minutes. She was in
Urubamba, Peru.....and was able to see this sagging hulk, but she didn't have a camera for me to see her. I had some questions for her, as well as she had many for me. She asked me if I would meet with a class of "Indians" in a small village where her son is teaching them about various musical instruments....and for me to "talk" with them. Hmmmm......sounds fun! However, we will have to see the tour itinerary she puts together for us.......we did tell her that we would like to be in country there for 12 days....making our trip a total of two weeks. Again.....I don't know her price for this type of personal tour with our own private guide and driver. She indicated that we were in the neighborhood of $5000 for the two of us.....more than we had planned but.....let's see what happens here.

I do have another itinerary from another company, however...this one is a typical tour company that deals with larger groups. Soooooo, lots to study, lots to think about, lots to do!!!

And sooooo, after an exciting American Idol hour.......who the hell will be voted off??????? Matt??? Who knows???

Another day of rains......another day of trip planning and research.......and more rains expected the remainder of this week. However..........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: