Monday, April 06, 2009

April 6, 2009: What?? Another cold, snowy, dismal day here in Misery!!

WOW......where did Spring spring to??? Some place that is not close to southeast MO, that much I know!! After being in wonderful warm temps for the past three months, today was the WORST day weather-wise that I have experienced since December.......and it is NOT enjoyable. During those three months, there were only a hand full, literally, of days when I was not in shorts and sandals.....and now??? We have the damned furnace set on 73 degrees, and with the cold winds from the north I felt more comfortable in a sweat shirt here in the stick and brick all day long!!! DAMN!!!

And so, the day was one that I did not want to experience outside for any length of time....and I didn't. I decided it was a GREAT day to sit down at the desk in the home office and begin getting my income taxe paperwork, statements, etc., etc. organized and then transfer it to the computer....and TurboTax. Well, I worked for about three hours or more....and then I had to put it aside as the 1st Lady needed to figure up the medical expenses we have incurred this year. She does an excellent job of keeping these figures and dates and places and miles in a journal and all that needs to be done is to do the math......which she loves to do!!

Soooo, tomorrow I will finish up the input and get it printed out and mailed. Amazing.......here I am about to finish 8 years of complete retirement.......and three years of retirement for the 1st Lady....and our income just keeps increasing each year. Am I complaining???? HELL NO!!!! It is just that I never anticipated this happening back in 2001 when I retired!

The remainder of the day found this sagging hulk of me......and for some unknown reason....I seem to be sagging more than ever lately.......anyway...sorry I digressed.......I had to make a small errand run to the local grocery store to get one little item so the 1st Lady could finish up the beef stroganoff she was fixing for dinner tonight. And.....when it came time for an early dinner, it was perfect.......PERFECT!!!!! We made some rice to put the stroganoff on, as well as some great sweet peas.....and adding a glass of dark red medicine for myself and a glass of pinot grigio for the 1st Lady, we had a delicious evening meal!!!!

This evening......we had fresh strawberry shortcake with some vanilla ice cream.....and, my body is now sagging even more than it was this morning!!!!! EGADS!!!!!! What is becoming of my gorgeous, hunky, sexy body that I possessed a couple of years ago???????

Tomorrow......finish my taxes......hopefully be able to work in the yard with all of the storms' limbs......and try to finish up the opening of the stick and brick. We are having house guests later this week, as Doug and Diane, our good friends from Edmunton, Alberta, Canada are going to stop by for a couple of days on their way back to the freezing northlands......and it will be as miserable to them as this weather here is to the 1st Lady and myself. BUT.....we are really anxious to have them here......we always......ALWAYS....have sooooooo much fun when we are with them!!!!!

And so......I may seem a bit depressed.....blame it on this shitty weather.....but, all-in-all....I am feeling really good....and it is nice to have a bit more room here in the stick and brick than we did in the RV. And........as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: