Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22, 2009: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

As usual......I was up at 7am.....my great wake-up elixir, French Roast coffee.....and then after the 1st Lady was up, the standard morning rituals were completed....and my day began. Outside??? OMG....it was gorgeous.......the day progressed to the low 70's...and it was exactly like a winter's day in the Texas RGV!!!!! Heading outside about 10am....I immediately returned and changed into shorts.....and ooooohhhhhh, how good it felt to be back in shorts once again!!!

Most of the day was spent in the yard.......and I do feel now that I am WINNING in this war to regain control over my yard!!!!!!! I won several battles today....and believe that soon the war will be over.....and I can once again stand and look over my property and claim it as MINE!!!! And....the best thing is that in order to win, it is not necessary to torture any of the insects, birds, or wildlife that I find on my property!!!!!!!!!!!!

By late afternoon, I called the day's battles(raking, picking up limbs/sticks/branches, trimming weeds, cleaning out the fence line, and mowing) finished....and I realized that it was 5 o'clock somewhere...and so, I had a couple of large doses of my dark red medicine to help my tired body begin to recover. I intend to spend tomorrow, rain permitting, to complete this "War of the Yard"......and I believe I can wrap it up!!!

A light supper was enjoyed by the 1st Lady and myself.......but before we ate, she fixed each of us an Amaretto Sour......ummmmm-good!!! And then the evening has been spent watching a few programs on the plama......American Idol being the preferred show. Hated to see Anoop go, but even though he has a good voice, he never quite made his performances "pop"......just never got excited about what I was hearing/seeing when he performed.

And soooooo, goes our day at the stick and brick......a gorgeous day, but one that has left me a bit weary. Only six weeks until we leave........YEAH!!!! And, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!
(Remember: If you don't think BIG, nothing BIG will ever happen!)

No comments: