Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009: Enjoying the warmer weather....

Ahhhh, the sun actually came up today without many clouds to block those warm rays.........and it was really super! Today for this sagging hulk of Me was just a normal one around the stick and brick......and, I was certainly glad that I didn't have anything pressing that I HAD to do. Still was a bit tired this morning after a quick 400 mile round trip up to Mexico, MO, for about three hours.....but wouldn't have missed those short hours for anything!!!!

After puttering around late this morning......inside and outside......I put together our new patio table umbrella and got it set up, cleaned off the table, and then brought out the chair cushions....sure the hell hope I am not getting these things out toooooo soon!

Then after a quick bit of lunch, I cranked up the lawn mower and mowed the grass in the front section of the yard........cursing as I went along as I had to stop and through small branches out of the way. I did this LAST WEEK......and they have bred and left other branches there!!! DAMN!!!

Later this afternoon......the beautiful day dissolved into a cloudy and very windy afternoon with cooling temps which were made more noticeable by the Texas size winds of 30 mph!! Soooo, I gave up on the mowing and put the mower away, out of the sprinkles that were dropping upon the 68 hairs on my head, ruining my hairstyle for the day!!! Soooo, as it was 5pm somewhere.....I enjoyed a couple of glasses of my dark red medicine.......feeling the need for that dosage after working on the lawn this afternoon.

I did take some test pics with my new camera........still not satisfied with the results, but with some adjustments they were a bit better this afternoon. I have been working attempting to get moving objects.....things in the wind that move.....as well as stationary objects. I also had a couple of little birds at the feeders this afternoon and I made a few shots of them.

This evening......after the 1st Lady fixed dinner.....I just grabbed a cup of hot tea and became a couch potato in front of the plasma. A nice way to end a day of puttering.......and a good way to prepare for tomorrow....and possibly another day of puttering???!!!! My truck is due at the glass repair shop at 8am in the morning, so I will walk back from there which I need to begin doing daily.

And so....Life in TheHowserHouse stick/brick moves through each day with no certain responsibilities, no real agenda, and you know........it is a good thing!!! I am already beginning to go into TheHowserHouse on-wheels and wish it was sitting somewhere else.....or even just moving down the road. Only a little more than six weeks before we do head to the southwest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will CERTAINLY be ready before THAT time!!!!!

Tomorrow.....another day, weather-wise, like today......and I won't complain about it. And....as always................................

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: