Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 17, 2009: Departure of friends.....and a lot of work done in the back yard.

I jumped out of bed at 6:30 this morning......knowing that I needed to complete my morning rituals before our driveway guests came inside for some coffee......and that I did! A bit after 7am Doug and Diane were inside and sitting at the bar in the kitchen....and soon we were all enjoying the French Roast coffee, cereals and fresh strawberries......and wonderful conversation!!!! We were all in agreement about our fun evening last night.......and were still "full" from all of the food at Vance Vineyards.

It wasn't long before they needed to unhook the umbilical cords and get them stowed, bring in their motorhome's slides on the sides, and prepare to hit the road for the Kansas City area where they will spend tonight. When they were out of the driveway.....an easy turn for that 40' coach with Doug at the wheel....and Diane on the street giving instructions to him on the walkie-talkie.....they then hooked up their small car...and when they were ready, I took the lead and they followed me out to the west of town where they honked and waved and headed north to STL...and then west to KC.

What a loss it was to see them leave......we enjoy each other's companionship and friendship sooooo much....and have such incredible times when we are together. It is amazing how close our relationship has become.....almost like family!!!! We just fit together so well.......

I went back to the stick and brick....had a couple more cups of coffee.....and then began to plan the rest of the day. By a bit after 11am.....I was in the back yard.....beginning to mow...to rake leaves.....to pull weeds.....to clean out the storage area for the lawn mower and other yard items....clean off the patio.....weed the herb garden.....and continue to pick up the sticks and limbs. Yep......it was a busy damn afternoon!!!!!!!!!! Oh....I also filled in the depressed area where we had removed a tree a couple of years ago and where I chopped up the roots and stump last week.......so, I took some dirt and filled in the area to make it level with the rest of the yard.

I called it a day by 4pm.....and then began to do some more studying of the manual for my new Canon camera. This is going to take some TIME....to get this to just be done from instinct when taking pictures. Much more involved than that little point and shoot Olympus I have been using for a few years. I know there is much to learn......and I keep wondering if it will be possible to train this old, old sagging dog some new tricks???????? I'll keep trying.................

The 1st Lady returned around 5pm....and left at 6pm for her dinner meeting with some of the female teachers. They usually meet once a month for drinks and dinner in Farmington and just a fun-filled girl's night out......and so, she is still gone and having fun!

It has been a good day....even though it was hard to watch Doug and Diane depart for Edmunton, Alberta. We are hoping we can get our paths to cross this fall......???? Hopefully....we'll see!

And....as always.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: