Thursday, April 09, 2009

April 9, 2009: Dismal and dreary day....return of rainy weather

Well....that sun was shining this morning a few minutes after I pulled my sagging hulk out of the bed......but by mid-morning it was becoming cloudy and by noon......the light drizzles and rains began...and then the temps dropped....and MISERY returned!!! DAMN!!

I worked a bit out in the yard this morning......went to drop off some old clothing that we didn't need nor want any more.....dropped it at the County Senior Citizen's Resale Shop.....went to Walmart, dropped a wheel barrow tire off at the tire shop to be repaired.....and then returned home. Interesting paragraph, wasn't it??? Hee hee!!

After lunch......the rains continued and the day became more dismal as it went along.....DAMN #2!!! The 1st Lady and I just kind of "hung out" inside the stick and brick and watched the clock. I did spend an hour taking care of the floors, carpets, etc., etc. that needed some cleaning....and felt better about the stick and brick when I had finished.

Had a call this morning from Doug......and the Tiffin Motorcoach Factory is still not finished with their coach and it will be next week before they are finished......OMG!!!! I KNOW that Doug and Diane are very tired of being temporary residents of Alabama........and are anxious to get on the road to return to Edmunton, Alberta. Hopefully, they will still be able to drop by our stick and brick, if only for an evening, but hopefully for another day. The 1st Lady and I are adjusting our schedules, but she will have to be gone next week and won't be here to see them.....DAMN #3!!!

She went to Sorority this evening.....the first time since way back in the fall.....and I watched Survivor.....of which I have lost interest in this season. Guess I have just missed too many of the weekly shows.....and I could care less now how this season's show ends. Hmmmm......not like me, I know.....but it has just been too long since I have seen it this season.

I began to get my taxes printed off of the printer in the office......and at 9:30....I RAN OUT OF INK!!!!! DAMN #4!!!!! Soooo, off I went out to Walmart....AGAIN.....and bought the last remaining black ink cartridge that was on the shelf!!! Returned a bit ago....and completed printing the forms for both the Federal and the State.......LOTS of sheets of paper used by the time I printed two copies of each!!!!!!!! But, I like to have a hard copy of the tax returns on file in our filing cabinet............don't you?????? I also copied it to my external hard drive which we are now using quite frequently since we bought it a couple of weeks ago.

And sooooo, it is still raining outside......it is chilly.....and, I am a bit out of sorts having to make that run out to Walmart in all of this dreary weather at a time of the night that I do NOT want to be in Walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well.........guess it isn't that bad, is it??? At least they DID have one ink cartridge left.....right????

Looking backwards.....the day wasn't all that bad.....it is just that I am used to much, much, much better weather......but, I can't have everything, can I????? Besides..........I still know, no matter how bad the weather.....that...............

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: