Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Yeah....I'm alive and well!

Hmmmm.......what happened last night??? I think I fell asleep around 11pm....and therefore, no posting last night....HAHAHA!!!! You know....I don't really think that is toooo early to fall asleep, is it??? I actually got caught up in the 9pm tellie series: "Medium". I LOVE this show!!! The family, including the two main characters, are soooooo real in their day to day living on the show!!! And......all of this is based on a real perosn who does work for the police in Phoenix.......GREAT show!!!

Yesterday.......well, a relaxing morning and then I took to the yard and finished mowing, as the weather predictions are a bit moist for the next couple of days. You know....I do really enjoy working in the yard, trimming, taking care of the plants and flowers, etc., etc. It is very relaxing and gives me some great time to think.....yeah, I said "think". A lot of things get solved and accomplished when I am mowing the yard and puttering around out there. Give it a try......give it a chance to work for you!!

Fixed a great salad last night, but my eyes were bigger than our appetites so there was some left over, and neither of us are very good at eating left-over salad.....yuk!! It gets a bit limp, doesn't it??? Finished off my dark red medicine, so will have to get a refill......but may have to wait until I can return to St Louis as there aren't any good "pharmacies" down here that work for me........my is Bodega Norton from S. America.

Oh yeah.......yesterday I decided to turn on the furnace to check the system out. Wellllllll, the first time it worked beautifully......and then I was in the other end of the house when the second cycle began and I heard this horrific noise.......sounded like some rocket getting ready to head for deepest space. Couldn't figure out where the sound was originating and kept moving rapidly to the other end of the house and, as you know by now.....it was in the laundry room and it WAS the furnace. A terribly loud noise...........sooooo, I shut it off as quick as I could! Called the heating and cooling guy that installed our new system less than two years ago.....at a high cost, as most of you know........and he said he would be there within the hour!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that??? And....he was! Of course, just like going to the dentisst when your tooth hurts and when you get there ....it stops hurting.....soooo, the furnace didn't ever make that dreadful off-to-the-moon lift-off sound again!!!! Hmmmmm........of course, if it is going to have a problem, it won't happen until it is snowing, sleeting, and the temps are below 10 degrees, will it??

Soooo, enough chatter for now.........time to get my fat ass up and get another cup of that delicious French Roast coffee to get my day off to a great start. More later.......

And NOW, IT IS LATER.....

Yep....another day has passed......and it was a cloudy and rather dreary one at that. Spent most of the day inside....after walking out to the city lake and back....twice. It is right at 1 mile out there from the stick and brick......sooooo, right at 4 miles today!!

Did a bit of reading today.......will have to get my genealogy papers out and prepare for the darkness and dreariness of winter days. Love to do the research, however, once I get going on this, I just never want to stop and put everything away........like the 1st Lady always wants me to do!!

Dinner tonight......a Mexican dish with the accompanying dark red medicine. Then.......as The Amazing Race began on the tellie.....the buzzer went off and I took out of the oven my spice cake with pecans. It was really good......if you don't mind me saying so myself!! HAHA.

Soooo......the day has passed.....Boston Legal is almost complete......and it is rather humorous...!! Loved it tonight........salmon fishing in Canada.....isn't that a great idea????

Until tomorrow.....Life is GOOD.....and I hope for all of you, too!!

No comments: