Saturday, October 29, 2005

What a varied and interesting day!!!!

A beautiful day.....clear blue sky and warming temps helped to make this a great Saturday in October. This morning after most of the grass had dried, I cranked up the lawn mower and got my exercise by pushing it around the yard for almost three hours. Cutting the grass to a new low height for the season, I managed to chew up a lot of the leaves which have already fallen.........of course, within a few short hours, the lawn was almost covered with more "falling leaves".....a favorite melody of mine from the middle of the last century. UGH......my age is now very, very evident!!

This afternoon I was involved in a an almost three hour conference call with friends from around the country as we worked on a project that we are all very interested in completing!! And.......we are almost finished with it.....which will bring us to a new start for many others! No more can or need be said.

This evening.......WOW!!!!! We attended the wedding celebration of the daughter of our friends here in F'town......a wedding which brings together two different cultures and two completely different religions. She is Christian and he is a Muslim from Turkey. They both live and work in Chicago, but the wedding and celebration was on the lawn of her parents home. Many of his Turkish friends from Chicago and some friends from Turkey were here for the event.......and what a great evening it was! The music....the dancing....the party......the joining of people from the two cultures within the white tent made for a most fun-filled and warm-hearted celebration!! Why can't the peoples of the world all be like this????? There are just tooooooo many closed minds to the ways and lives of other peoples and cultures and religions.........no tolerance for other people's beliefs!! It is a damn shame........soooo many people with closed minds miss out on soooooo many wonderful things about Life!!!!!!

I could go on and on and on and on about what I have just written........I have experienced sooooo many wonderful times in my travels around the world with sooooo many wonderful people in all of the 41 countries that I have visited! Very, very few people can travel throughout the world and not return home without having changed as a human being.........without having had your eyes and your ears and your minds opened to see and to hear and to understand that Life is Beautiful no matter where you are or to which race you belong! Complete tolerance of all peoples and their ways of Life is what everyone needs to possess.

I could explore and discuss this forever because I feel soooooo very, very strongly about this!!!!

And sooo, my Life is GOOD.......and I hope the same goes for all of you!!!

No comments: