Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A VERY lazy day......

Yep.....the above says it all......I was just damn lazy today. Went back to never-never-land after the 1st Lady left for school.....and didn't wake up until 9am!!!! THAT is terrible!!! Soooo, a beautiful autumn day greeted me as I opened the glass doors to the patio.......and that is where I remained for most of the morning.....with coffee cup in one hand, and my latest reading novel in the other. I feel sooooooooooooo guilty.

So, I did go out to the rolling HowserHouse and do some clean-up in the needed places: the kitchen, the fridge, and the "throne room". Then......back to the stick/brick and my book......and some more coffee!!!

Later today, I watched some of the news shows. Then as the 1st Lady had to be in Farmington for a dinner meeting, I fixed one of my favorite one dish meals: brown rice cooked in chicken broth and when done, I add about three chopped Roma tomatoes which have been salted and peppered about 3-4 hours before the rice is done,....and I also added some freshly fried bacon(3 strips), and some out-of-my-herb-garden fresh Basil, Parsley, and Thyme.....and then some shredded cheese on top of all of these tasty ingredients....a quick stir and the cheese melts.....and it goes down sooooooo easy with a glass of my dark red medicine. And....I always eat way more than my body needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now finishing off my evening cup of hot tea as I write this.......waiting for The Amazing Race to begin.

Well, I thought this was the weakest hour of The Amazing Race that I have seen......yet!!!! Perhaps it is because it just seems soooooo easy for them to find the clues, follow the instructions, etc., etc. The teams do not have the language barriers to overcome, the taxi rides, the transportation from one country to another......all of these are not only the difficult issues the teams must face, but they become the fun things that they encounter. How well I know from personal experiences around the world!!

Sooooo.....Life is STILL GOOD....and I hope for all of you, also!

No comments: