Thursday, October 06, 2005

Falling temps......OCTOBER WEATHER!!!!

This afternoon the temps began to fall and they are continuing as I write(an old cliche).....and I LOVE it!!! The past few months have brought long stretches of intense heat and humidity.....and finally we can look forward to having the windows open, fresh air sweeping through TheHowserHouse, and some of "October's bright blue skies".......YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish we could leave the stick and brick and take TheHowserHouse for a roll down the highway this weekend.......but, alas.....it is not to be. There are commitments to keep.....and this is our fault......the sites in Sam A. Baker State Park that will accomodate our rather lengthy rig have all been reserved!!! DAMN!!!

Soooo, tomorrow I will put on the "real" paint in the garage, having finished with the primer on the 1st half late this morning. Before the intrusion of the red Cadillac into the side of our garage last winter, the walls were a rather dark paneling.....and now with the new drywall going up, the walls will be virgin white...which are much brighter and illuminate the garage much better. THIS I LIKE!

With the end of this project in sight....I THINK......we now have to get busy with plans and details of the make-over remodeling inside the stick and brick. Knowing how long this garage has taken, I do not look forward to wearing a hard hat inside my home for as long as it will take to complete.....UGH!! I hate hats....at least on MY head!!!

I spent a bit of my afternoon with some hand trimmers......going around the low plants and trimming back some of the long grass and/or weeds. Perhaps I won't have to mow tooooo much more if the cooler temps stay with us. Of course......guess what happens next: leaf raking! Oh well.....it is also fertilizer time for the lawn.....(May put some on top of my head.....might help increase the number of hairs up there???).

And soooo, Life is Good....and I hope for all of you, also!!

Success comes in Cans.......Failure comes in can'ts!

No comments: