Saturday, October 22, 2005

UGH!!! I REALLY dislike TanTara Resort!!!!

Ok.....no cell service here, well that is we are on extended service so I cannot get online and post with "extended". We left the stick and brick yesterday morning, arriving in Osage Beach around lunchtime. Went to a really cool little French cafe, however, the sandwich I had was sooooo dry with sooooooo much bread that it really angered me......hmmmm, is this that wonderful sign of "aging" and becoming cantankerous(sp?)???? Anyway, the 1st Lady's lunch was very good, she said, and so it wasn't long until we went to the Outlet Mall.

Shopped, not till we dropped, but just almost. By that time, it was after dark and time for dinner. Hmmmm.......is "eating" ALL I ever discuss????? Could be!!! Hahaha. Anyway, we went to the City Grill and it was very, very good. Contemporary menu and the Tenderloin I had was super!!! Even the choice of dark, red medicine was a great choice and helped to smooth out the tired feet from all of the shopping.

THEN......we got our Tantara room, and it was horrific!!! There were dead bugs and cobwebs on the lampshade, only two lamps in the little room and one of them had a dead bulb......besides the dead BUGS. Sooooo, I called Housekeeping and read the riot act......(aging???) and before long the Latinos were there and sweeping, changing the bulbs, polishing, dusting.......all at 10pm at night!!!!! I even got to practice my rusty, rusty Spanish.....hahaha. Sure the pronunciations were laughable to them! Anyway......if I ever have my choice, I will NEVER stay at Tantara again........I have always disliked this place anyway.....and this trip certainly didn't change my opinion of the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh for TheHowserHouse that rolls!!!!!
Oh.....I didn't mention the fact that the head of our bed was right NEXT to the head of the bed in the next room in the little "estate cabin" and every time the guy in that room snored we could hear him......I could even hear him "tinkling" in his bathroom in the middle of the night. Sure glad they didn't decide to get all snuggily and go at it during the night!!!!

This morning the board all had breakfast with the Supt. The buffet was ok......nothing special. Did see an old time band parent.....her daughter graduated in 1982 from Eldon......played Bass Clarinet for me. The mother is a waitress in the Big Bear Restaurant here. Went to a couple of sessions and it is now lunch time.........may cut it short this afternoon and go over to the tiny, cobweb covered little room and get my novel and read somplace. We have a dinner to attend this even that is for the F'town group given by the company that we had install new heating and a/c in the Middle School last year. Then hope to see a couple of former students tonight for a few drinks!!!!! That may be the best part of the entire weekend!!!!!

Sooooo, will close this for now.........will not get to post tonight, as like last night. Life is Good......even with little bugs...literally....now and then! And, I hope everything is good for all of you, too.

No comments: