Monday, October 03, 2005

Another day that quickly disappeared......

Well.....at 7:23am I was awakened by the doorbell ringing.....a VERY unusual happening at TheHowserHouse. Not that I didn't need to come alive and welcome the day, but a melodic ringing in the recesses of my foggy mind is certainly NOT the way I usually greet the day! Anyway.....up I jumped and into my shorts/shirt and padded to the front door......without my glasses. Now for those you who don't know me......as my body has aged, it is becoming very difficult for me to see without those two bifocal lenses sitting on top of my every-lengthening nose. Sooooo, as I opened the door my eyes went into a very tight squint.....not only adjusting to the sun's ray's sho0ting into the open doorway, but in an attempt to focus on the human that had awakened me. It was the contractor who is re-doing my garage..........to tell me that I can begin to paint the south half of the garage as the drywaller had completed his job. Soooooo, guess what happens to my free time this week........

I quickly pushed the correct button ( I have THAT button memorized) to begin the coffeemaker and then did my morning duties. Then......the deeply dark French Roast coffee that is sooooo good in the mornings!! After reading all of my daily newspapers, email, and other daily readings, I decided that the house needed a good cleaning. Sooooo, changed the bed, and then began to vacuum and dust TheHowserHouse of the stick/brick kind. Soon it was past lunch.....and then it was time for a bit of a rest and some meditation time.

During the afternoon, I went out and seeing this wispy, fluttering cloud around my butterfly bush, I grabbed the camera and took a few pics of the many, many Monarch butterflies flitting around. There were well over 100 on, and around, the aromatic bush of purple blooms. I am putting a couple of the pics online again tonight......yeah, they look much like last week's, but ........so be it. Who could have ever guessed that this old man would find joy in watching these colorful butterflies enjoy the blooms??? They reminded me of young children in the classroom who just cannot sit still........always moving around!!!

Fixed a chicken and rice casserole for dinner......turned out really very good and tasty!!! May have to do this one again sometime......sooooo easy to fix and sooooo easy to eat. Also......had to take some of my dark red medicine with the meal.

Then it was off to our new Super WalMart for some much needed items......among them are two gallons of paint primer for the garage!!! Back home again......and some surfing on the web along with a couple of important phone calls(more on this at a later date).

Soooo, until tomorrow.....Life IS Good, and I hope for all you, also!!

No comments: