Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Time for a change(s)........

A lazy morning.....mucho coffee....along with the daily readings of the papers. Frost was on the herb garden.....not the pumpkins cause we don't have any. The Basil is gone.......a long wait for next spring begins today....and I DO love it fresh....suppose I could try to grow it in a smaller pot in the window???? Food for thought...???

I realized that I HAD to do something for the family room......the one that has all the furniture on one side of the room due to the remodeling of the garage. Well, it will be after the Holidays before the contractor can begin the in-house remodeling, so we will live with some "patched" holes in the wall until then. BUT.....the room is driving me nuts.....can't tolerate such a place .....one that is totally unorganized. Soooo, with a bit of moving and then, more moving.....and then some more thought and some more moving, I put the room back together. Mucho cleaning: use-to-be-cream carpeting, 20+ imported beer steins that I brought back from my dozen trips to Europe were dusty, and then the throw rugs had to be washed.

Well, the deep cleaning is not done, but it will not happen until after the make-over.....and then we can get new carpeting,etc., etc. Anyway.......it is more liveable right now.

This entire process took much longer than I anticipated it would. Then I went and filled up the truck with diesel.......$2.89 a gallon.....a real bargain!!! Took $82.00 to fill it......DAMN!!!!!! And just today I read that ConocoPhillips posted a 89% increase in profits during the 3rd quarter.

All of my students were here for their lessons after school today. They are all really working.....and improving each week. And......that makes it enjoyable and fun for all of us!

Sooooo, the evening is gone......and Life is Good! And.....I hope for all of you, too!

No comments: