Wednesday, October 05, 2005

An artist with a paint brush....I'm NOT!!!

French Roast Coffee, the morning newspapers via internet......all enjoyed outside on the patio on a beautiful blue sky morning in October! WHAT could be better????? But, as always, all good things must come to an end......and after a relaxing morning and 2-3 cups of coffee, it became time to get to work.

So, I swept out TONS of drywall and drywall mud DUST that had gathered on the floor of the garage.....and began a test of my artistic ability.....UGH!!! The contractor has finished one-half of the garage...as he cannot get to the other half because of ALL of the "must keep" items that are living out their lives in the garage. Sooo, I have to get the finished half painted so all of our "must keep" things can be shuffled to the painted side and then he can finish the garage.

Hmmmmm, I just do not like painting......ANYTHING. But, I tried to store my dislike and began putting on the primer paint. WOW....did the drywall ever soak it up quickly......I used a lot more than I had anticipated using, and for all of you smart-asses, I dropped VERY little paint on the plastic drop sheeting. But, after finishing the walls, I began on the ceiling with the LONG pole and paint roller.........and, sad to say, I did do some splattering......on ME! So, after doing as much as I could this morning in the finished half, I washed and washed and washed out the paint brush and roller........and then began the task of getting the paint washed off of my studly, muscular body...AND out of all 67 hairs on the top of my head! (Yeah....just joking......I have approximately 100 hairs on my head) Now...tomorrow.....the REAL paint goes on......My God...another day of exploring and exposing my artistic talents!!!

This afternoon....well, it was back to more of my talents.......but this time it was doing something a bit more comfortable to me: teaching my five private students in TheHowserHouse School of Music. Most were well-prepared and it is always fun to see the progress they make from week to week.

This evening.......emails and online reading. Sooooo......

Until tomorrow....for me Life IS Good....and I hope for all of you, also!!!
If you don't think BIG......Nothing big will happen!!!

No comments: