Saturday, October 01, 2005

WHAT a Change.....A VERY Busy Day!!!!!!

Wow....has this day ever been an "0n-the-go" day!!!! I was in St Louis by 7:30 this morning......and guess where I was sitting??? In Starbucks having a cappucino and a muffin....where else would I be at this time of the morning????? Then I went to meet my granddaughter and her grandfather.....and off we went to her 8:15am soccer game. What FUN!!! Those little kids really get involved in the game......and do a damn good job of offense and defense......it was a really fun 45 minutes!!!!! Rachel does really well....today she was a goalie, and she defended that goal successfully several times when the ball and the opposing team came charging toward her!!! Her team....Orange Crush......won the game 2-1. SURE glad I got to watch her play!!!1

Then it was off to Barnes and Noble for an hour of browsing......not NEARLY enough time, but I needed to make another stop at the shop where I can get my dark red medicine.....World Market. Great prices there on all kinds of medicine......red, blush, and white. Haven't been there since before we went out west last spring......so, I was needing to pick up a few "prescriptions".

Then.....I was off to Sparta, Illinois to attend the Sparta Band Festival.....both parade and field show competition. Of course, I was cheering and applauding for the Edwardsville, IL high school band. They are really, really very good and seeing them made this old band director feel really good........the Asst. Band Director is a former student of mine who is in his second year of teaching. Andrew Gipson who graduated from F'Town HS in 1999, finished his degree at Southern Illinois Univ. at Edwardsville and after student teaching at the HS there, he was offered the position of Asst. Band Director. We hadn't been together since sometime last spring.......and it was really great to spend a few short hours, and dinner, together today. As I believe I have written earlier, he is getting married next summer and this old man will be his "Best Man"......kind of chokes me up when I think about it.

So....after winners were announced....they lost the Grand Championship by next to nothing......I hit the road and came back here thru the countryside......crossing the Mississippi in the dark of night. Took about an hour and 20 minutes to get home.

Now......will have to lay this body down. Life is good....and I hope for all of you, too!!!

No comments: