Friday, October 28, 2005

FAST......the day went!!

WOW.....where did this day go????? I heard the 1st Lady in the kitchen rattling pans, the mixer whirring, and then the closing of the oven door.....sooo, I decided to check the time. DAMN.....it was 6:30AM!!!! Yep, she was mixing and cooking some of her famous muffins........but not for me and her, but to take when we visit Mike this afternoon.

Sooooo, as I was up, I turned on the tellie to catch the news........and then, to WAIT on the news from Washington. By 9:30, I was in the kitchen stirring up some things for our late afternoon dinner: 4 very thick rib-eye steaks with slivers of garlic inserted into the meat, a big fresh salad was needed so I marinated the tomatoes for three hours, sliced up the fresh mushrooms for the broiling of the steaks, fried bacon, and then put the steaks in the oven. Before leaving TheHowserHouse, I baked some French bread to take. All in all, it turned it out to be a very good meal this afternoon along with a great visit.

Back home this evening......I have spent over two hours reading the latest news on the events that finally happened in D.C. The events of this week......which are an accumulation of events over the past 4 plus years......have all come together in one swift swoop within a few quick days. It was bound to happen....at least that is my opinion. The war deaths, the Meirs nomination, and the Libby indictment....and still more to come!! 2000 deaths of our men and women are 2000 deaths too many........it is time to systematically pull our troops out of Iraq. I feel like I am living the late 60's and early 70's all over again. This is a war that we should never have started and now it is time to carefully extract our men and women out of there!

Soooo......Life is Good....and I hope for all of you, also.

No comments: