Monday, October 24, 2005

Yeah....I AM still around.....

Monday morning......and I am about 48 hours behind in discussing TheHowserHouse doings!! Let's see....where do I begin????

We returned last night and I just slept in this morning. WAAAAYYYYYY behind on my daily caffiene intake and I can really tell it.

Saturday after posting from TanTara.....the resort I do NOT like and have felt that way for 30+ years. Anyway.....attended a few sessions during the afternoon and then walked back to our dirty, little Estate housing. The 1st Lady was reading down on the boat dock below our housing unit, so I joined her for a bit sun and quiet in this cove. Then she sent me on a mission back to the Outlet Mall to pick up a couple of more items for Christmas gifts. When I returned we got ready and joined the rest of the Bd members at Michael's Steakhouse on the Lake.......and had a wonderful meal with great conversation and many laughs!!! Perhaps I overdosed just a bit on my dark red medicine which I was able to obtain at the Steakhouse.........The 1st lady thought she should drive back to TanTara that evening......but it wasn't necessary!!

It was not possible to meet a couple of former students and now, friends, for a few drinks. Things just didn't work out for me to meet those commitments......for those of you who were expecting me.......my deepest apologies!!!!!!

Sunday.....we checked out, stopped at Panera's and had pastries and coffee there. Then we went to Eldon and spent a few hours visiting with my mother who manages quit nicely to live alone at the age of 92......the EverReady battery just keeps going and going.

Then it was off to the East to the Moser Estate outside of Washington, MO. We spent about three hours there with Dr. Jeni, Darrel, and their two daughters, along with Mike's daughter Rachel who was visiting them for the weekend. Ava continues to grow.......as babies normally do.......and Meghan continues to amaze me with her natural artistic abilities at age 5!!!!! VERY unusual for a little girl of this young age to be able to draw and write with such artistic flair!!! I am IMPRESSED!!!! It will be fun to see how this all plays out as she becomes older and has more instruction available in art.

Then......back home last night!! And now......another week begins which is busy, busy, busy with plans each day. WHERE is my RETIREMENT???????? Hmmmmm........

More later..........

No comments: