Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday......but, not a day of rest!

Up and off to church with the 1st Lady....and then a quick stop at the local grocery to pick up the STL Post Dispatch....my Sunday vice! After a cup of hot Fr. Roast on the patio, then it was off to crank up the lawn mower and I quickly finished the mowing that didn't get finished yesterday.

I swept off the patio.....it was covered, literally covered with leaves. I put the leaves in the wheel barrow and with dripping hose in hand, I took them over to my "burn pile" and amid the very gusty winds, I lit the pile of leaves and limbs. Sprinkling the yard around the burning pile, I kept careful watch of the burning leaves, attempted to keep my aging body out of the smoke, but as all of you know.....that is not possible, since smoke ALWAYS follows beauty!!! So, I came away from the task smelling like I had read the paper and had coffee on top of the burning pile of leaves.

Then......another cup of coffee amidst the blowing smoke that decided to STILL follow me to the patio....and before long the 1st Lady was callling for my opinion and assistance. Yep......she had decided to change furniture......removing the dining room table/chairs to the patio room which is almost one wall of glass overlooking the patio. BUT.....the furniture there had to be moved elsewhere......and then to not have an empty dining area after the removal of the table/chairs, we had to take two winged back chairs from the bedroom to use in the empty space!! She evidently forgot......this is SUNDAY....a day of rest!!!!!

Of course, when moving furniture, everything thing must be vacuumed (sp?) and dusted!! Soooo, before long it was late afternoon and I could see the day rapidly darkening into early evening.......damn this loss of Daylight Savings Time!!!!!

Just as I was about to fix a wonderful little salad with cabernet, the phone rang and it was a fellow "Creeker"....the other Cedar Creek RV owner that lives here in town!! His truck had stopped at Cherokee Pass....six miles south of town......and he was pulling his 37' foot 5er!!! So, he asked me if I could go and pull his trailer back to his house with my trusty truck........and being the wonderful good guy that I am, I immediately jumped in and after picking him up at his house, we went out and brought back his rv to his house.

Then......back to the kitchen and with my knife in hand, I cut up and fixed a super salad for Sunday supper. And soooooo, the day is now closing.....and I am NOT rested! How WILL I ever get thru this week.....since I have nothing planned?????!!!!! HAHAHA.......a week with no meetings, no commitments, and an already mowed lawn.

Mark......only 7 days before the reunion begins!!!!! Andrew and Laura...CONGRATS on your new purchase...I'm anxious to see it!!!! How was your week, Uncle Mike???

Soooo, Life is GOOD.....and I hope for you, also!!!

No comments: