Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday: A rather lazy day......

After my continental breakfast this morning with French Roast coffee.....the 1st Lady was up and we decided to take a power walk for two miles. It was good to begin this type of exercise once again......haven't done this as a routine for several months and I am getting out of shape....I can tell...HAHA!

After another cup of coffee after my morning rituals, following our walk, I enjoyed sitting on the patio while sipping that great cup of dark and rich coffee. Another great morning, albeit a bit on the humid side.....but enjoyable nevertheless.

This afternoon.....some more minor work in the yard......and then I found myself some shade on the patio....and WOW.....I spent a couple of hours just reading a novel! And....that is something I have not done for months and months........and...it felt damn good!!

This evening........it was great to have a front row seat at the Convention in Denver tonight!!!! Finally realized that on PBS it is shown in HD.....and DAMN!!! It makes soooo much difference in the sharpness and quality of the picture.......WOW!!! A really good evening...........

My youngest son called after it was over and then we discussed the approaching hurricane. He is packing his New Orleans offices.......has a staff of 100 people throughout the state.......and will move to Baton Rouge on Saturday IF the path of Gustav continues to barrel down on N Orleans. They have announced that the four lane highways will be reversed on the incoming lanes so that all lanes will be going away from N.O. I told him to make certain his apt on one of the upper floors of a large building in downtown N Orleans........to make certain that his brand new LCD tv is covered and moved away from any windows. Several years ago when Dr. Jeni and Darrel were living in Biloxi while she was a dentist in the USAF, they had to evacuate to escape a hurricane.....can't remember which one.

And so.......another day has gone away.....and I have to admit that for me it was a very relaxing one and one that I wouldn't mind replaying!!! Ahhhh,.....retirement just seems to get better and better.........

LIFE IS REALLY REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: