Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday: Alone at the stick/brick....relaxing...

Well.....nothing of any worth occurred yesterday and since I fell asleep on the sofa in front of the tellie last night, I didn't get my post to this blog made.

The 1st Lady left yesterday morning to go to Dr. Jeni's, as she and Dr. Jeni, Meghan, Ava, and Max were going to go up to Monroe City to visit the 1st Lady's mother. They all left after Meghan got home from school to drive on up there yesterday evening....

Here at the stick and brick....we had a problem. With the 1st Lady, Dr. Jeni, Darrell, and children they are all planning on being here on Sunday afternoon and Monday......soooo, as almost always happens(probably in every household), the sewer somewhere out in the yard became clogged in the line!!!!!! Yep....company's coming, so the sewer line is clogged!!! HAHAHA.....I can't think of the number of times that this has happened to us over the long years of our lives......ALWAYS when company is to arrive!!

Luckily, I was able to reach our former plumber....who now is the head maintenance man at the F'town School District.....and he did arrive yesterday afternoon, and in a brief period of time, things were flowing smoothly from house to city sewer lines under the street. AHHHH,.....what a relief!!!

Today.....well, it was a gorgeous morning and I spent as much time outside as possible. And...since there wasn't really anything on my "honey do" list, I enjoyed my Fr. Roast coffee on the patio, again plucking off the dead flowers on our bushes and plants, and then having a robust conversation with our next-door neighbor, Earl. At 80 years plus, he is an amazing fellow, having worn many hats during hit lifetime......from an injured soldier in WWII in Europe, to a State Representative, to postmaster, to........the man who knows more people and things than most people in town. A very unique man, I thoroughly enjoy every minute that I can spend with him in discussing the events of the day, not those in town, but the events of the country and the world! And somehow.......we always move into the political scene with our talks.....can't imagine why???!!!

Then this afternoon, I relaxed on the patio.......reading the novel that I have been doing for way too long, and then I went inside and took a small power nap. Later, it was Happy Hour time....and so I had my normal two doses of that dark red medicine that is soooo good for my health as an aging and evolving man! Following that, I grilled three small hot dogs on the patio.....and enjoyed them having used a BBQ sauce that we picked up in Eureka Springs last fall, but which had remained unopened in the pantry until this time. It is spicy, but also a degree of sweetness with a base of pomegranate......REALLY good!!

And soooo, it has been two VERY interesting days, hasn't it???? No rv trips, no rv problems to solve, nothing of interest other than just living Life in a relaxed mode. It is always quiet around the stick and brick when the 1st Lady isn't here.......soooo quiet that when the phone rings...I almost have a heart attack at the disturbing sound that rings in four different rooms where the phones are located. On the patio......which is is dire need of updating.....the only sounds are from the few cars that pass by the front and side of the house....we live on a corner with a "lot and a half lot" for our stick and brick to rest upon. I do have several bird feeders hung on the side of the patio.....and there are some lovely bird songs and "chirps" that are so pleasant to anyone's ears on beautiful mornings out there. A GREAT place to sit, sip my coffee, and think...and think...and think. Ahhh....what more can you ask for when you have the house to yourself!!

This evening.......it is almost 10pm and I am having my evening cup of hot tea......a very good way of relaxing before putting myself into the horizontal position. Tomorrow.....the stick and brick will be rocking with the sound of small children dashing through the house, yelling and having great fun.....and that, too, is wonderful!! Our house is one to be lived in.....not to be a "showcase" for all to see.........and that is why the grandchildren are sooooo welcomed and enjoyed. They help to make each day they are here so great.......which makes it certain that.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: