Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Florida Trip, Day 3: MUCH more relaxing......

Hmmmm......with the two little girls sleeping in the other bed in our hotel room, I had to sneak around this morning to not awaken them......and so, as soon as I finished my morning rituals, I quietly opened the front door and slipped out.......and quickly went across the pool patio to the front lobby where I picked up my morning coffee(NOT Fr. Roast)....a couple of donuts, and today's copy of USA TODAY....and soon I was sitting beside the pool enjoying the papers, the coffee, and the soft warm(almost too warm) breezes.

The morning seemed to slip by very quickly.....all too quickly. The 1st Lady spent some time in the pool while I sat in the very hot sun and realized very quickly that it was going to be an extremely hot day here.

I managed to get a call through to my cousin, Lynn, who lives about 40 minutes north of the hotel.....and after a great, albeit short, visit....we agreed to have supper with them tomorrow night at their new home.....or, at least it is new since I have been here in the Tampa area a few years ago.

As I may have mentioned, I was having some problems with Dr. Jeni and Darrel's Suburban on the dash down here......and so Darrel took it into the local Cheverolet dealer down the street......and they determined it needed a new fuel pump........as much, perhaps, as a $1000 bill!!!! UGH!!! Plus, they had to keep it overnight to remove the gasoline tank to get to it. Soooo, they gave them a small car to get around it for the next day.....hopefully just tomorrow.

Dr. Jeni and Darrel had rented a Chrysler 300 when they arrived.....and so, this evening we took it back to the airport to turn it in......as the cost was REALLY high......over $100 per day!!!! Sooo, now we are in need of the Suburban to be fixed.....quickly. There is no way we can all get to my cousin's home for tomorrow evening unless they get their car fixed!!! On the way back across Tampa Bay, the sun was setting into the water....and it was simply beautiful!!! Also, we saw some dolphins jumping completely out of the water!!!

This afternoon I FINALLY got all 68 hairs trimmed......WHEW!!! I thought I might have to start wearing some type of thing to keep those hairs out of my eyes.......been almost six weeks since I my hair cut....... up in Massena, NY. Not certain I like what she did to it, but what the hell??!!! It looks better than the shaggy dog look I seemed to have evolved into over these six weeks.

Supper was "catch as catch can".....if you understand what that means.......we just sort of did our own thing......mine being a glass of Pinot Grigio and some "Hint of Lime" chips....out along the pool side.

Max? Good as gold!!!!! Still sleeping most of the time......but, he does want to be fed every four hours.......regularly. And THAT is great!!!! Sure is good....sure is cute!!!!!!!!

And so.....another day has slipped away....and the sun slipped into the bay this evening. Tomorrow, Max has an appt. with a pediatrician.....and we have a supper appt with the Lenharts. So....it will be a busy day no matter what.......

Today was great.......the two little girls enjoyed the pool over and over again....since it is only steps from our doors.....and sooooo

LIFE IS JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Michael Goldsmith said...

The baby looks beautiful!! Tell Darrel and Jennifer Congrats!

I have a similar (but not too similar I hope!) Suburban story. I played a gig at Cape last night and when I went back out to start the car it was dead and all the antifreeze had leaked out. Couldn't get it started, so I'm off to Cape again this morning to see if I can locate someone to fix it.

Hopefully it will be cheaper than a water pump!! :)

Enjoy sunny Florida!

Goldie