Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday: Energy expended......and ENERGY RENEWED!!!

My morning was taken leisurely......Fr. Roast Coffee on the patio watching the many, many yellow finches replenishing themselves at one of the bird feeders.....and just enjoying the cool and clear morning. Later on.......I did some more trimming and "deadheading" the spent blooms on my huge butterfly bush......and then I decided as the breeze came up that I would begin the mammoth task of waxing TheHowserHouse.

Dragging out the tall ladder, changing clothes, and then climbing up and beginning the task with the end "cap".....trying to get it finished before the sun reached that backside. And.....I did!!!! Then, after a quick bite of lunch I began on the shady side of the RV.....and about three hours later, I had completed that side. But..........by that time, my shoulders and arms were starting to complain to me....rather strongly....that it was time not to overdo the job today...not to stretch my luck with the tendonitis which I have suffered with since January, but which has dissipated during the summer....Thank God!! Soooo, I put away the waxing items and called it a day as the energy I began with....simply faded away after several hours of rubbing and polishing and rubbing and polishing.

The remainder of the afternoon I just enjoyed Life.....both inside and outside.....and by Happy Hour time, I was enjoying my dark red medicine and decided to take a couple of doses. Supper was on our own.....and I enjoyed some warmed-up brats which I had grilled last night.

I then decided to watch the Democratic Convention on the tellie.......and by the time Hillary was finished with her stunning speech, my energy which had been totally expended.......well, it was totally renewed and I am now pumped and may not sleep. Yes......it was the best speech I have heard her give......and it certainly brought her supporters into the Obama camp and they are now supporting him, it seems certain. She was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW......today is the anniversary of the law that gave women the right to vote.....88 years ago today!!!! WHAT a way to celebrate that tremendous victory for all women in this country!!!!!! I can remember my mother talking about her mother not being allowed to vote until that year...1920....and what it meant to my grandmother when she was finally able to do so. My mother's sister was ALWAYS into working for campaigns and was sooooo active in Colorado Democratic politics. When she passed away in 1995, I remember so well when the Governor of Colorado called me in my school office to offer his condolences.....and talked for several minutes about how important she had been to the state of Colorado. Now.....my youngest son is a political consultant on the national level....and more on that at a later date......after the election.
My activities? Well, I spent many days and nights carrying signs in protest of various places in Jefferson City to integrate their facilities......which eventually opened up to everyone. Many tales to tell about these experiences......................

And so.........on this 88th anniversary of women's rights to vote.......it is soooo true that......

LIFE IS REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: