Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wed: A really busy and varied day.....

WOW......this day was one that I haven't had for about three months!!!!!! And what kind of day was that?(you might ask). Well......it was definitely a day of work......a day of beginning the catching up that I need to do around the outside and inside of the stick and brick, plus.......cleaning the inside of TheHowserHouse on wheels. But first........

My very good friends, Mike and Melissa Goldsmith, came over for coffee/tea.....and a wonderful and emotional visit which was full of discussion about this new and unexpected chapter in their lives. I will refrain from discussing any of this in detail for the present time, as there are still some "restrictions" that have been placed upon them.....enough said for now. However, we did discuss their problems in locating another job for Mike.....and the very real possibility of leaving this community of F'town. I feel really bad about all of this turmoil that has been cast upon their lives....and the young lives of their children who are the ones who are silently suffering........especially since I, and I alone, am responsible for this wonderful family moving to F'town in 1999 to assist me as my associate band director. Melissa soon took over the Auxilary Flag Corps and turned those girls into one of the top groups in the state of Missouri. They were both students of mine when I was teaching instrumental music in another school district. What a tremendous team Mike and Melissa make........so talented, so personable, so intelligent, so caring for each and every individual......a winning team that anyone would like to have in their organization.... working for, and with, them.......except for a very few people in a local church where they were working and volunteering for the past few years. As I said on another blog.......WHAT a Travesty!!!!!..........................to be continued.

Sooooo, the remainder of the day was spent in cleaning out TheHowserHouse, the basement in it, and storing items that I will not use for the remainder of the summer/fall , and our winter in Texas.....such as a very large beach umbrella which we have had for years, having purchased it years ago at the factory where these large hotel beach/pool umbrellas are made.....and also putting away the low-slung beach chairs, and the salt water fishing rods and reels. Then there were some items inside that needed to be replaced in the kitchen in the stick and brick.....and then just the general cleaning after living in it for almost three months.

Finishing....I hope!.....that task, I began working in the yard.......getting rid of TALL weeds that had crept into my normal plantings and shrubs, cleaning out my herb garden, replenishing the bird seed in the bird feeders, spraying for mosquitos that always give birth to little ones along my fence line where my hostas are growing and in the damp area where the faucet is located for watering these plants, watering my very large butterfly bush...which may soon become a wide tree! All of these things took time.....and then I ran out to Walmart to purchase another 100' water hose(I already have one 100') so that I don't have to change faucets when in the front or the back......and I then watered the area where the 1st Lady had planted new grass in front of the house....which with the apparent drought......the grass was turning brown.....toooo brown for new grass!! All of this broke out the moisture all over my body, as well as some mosquito bites as I was doing all of this.....UGH!!!!

Today was back to REALITY!!!!!!! Yep.....no longer seeing new sights, traveling down new roads to unknown destinations, and not dining in new and different restaurants. OK......do I miss this type of Life that has now turned itself back into REALITY???? Yep....I soooo enjoy traveling, as you must have deduced from my writings.....and yes, I am missing it already! Our next planned trip???

We will be attending the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club Region 6 rally......it will be held just south of Springfield, Il.....and that should be fun as I have not seen many of the Abraham Lincoln historical places in that area. I'm really looking forward to that week.....fun to be back with with our friends!!!

Speaking of Texas...(refer to an above paragraph).....I had a phone call from North Dakota this afternoon....WOW....it was Ken and Jeanne who were across the street from us at Llano Grande RV Resort and Country Club when we were there last winter. Soooooo damn good to hear from them....and I realize that I should have called them myself. Ken.....I'll do that in a couple of weeks......ok?? We had a lot of fun last winter.....and enjoyed Ken's jokes....and our times in various restaurants around the RGV!!!!!!

And soooo, this varied day of work and cleaning has come to an end....almost. I am still engrossed in the Olympic coverage on NBC....and which looks sooooo wonderful on our plasma, as I mentioned last night. Tomorrow we will go see Michael....and then return in time to enjoy dinner and evening at the HannerHouse. We have missed them over the past three months....and it will be great to visit with them. They ALWAYS have some interesting experiences to tell us.....HAHA!!

Ahhhhh......you know, a day like today......a day coming back to Reality......still makes me know sooooo well that.....

LIFE IS REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: