Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday: OMG.....I am sagging more than ever....!

I thought when I awakened this morning that I was WAY early until I looked at the clock....and then I wondered why it was soooo dark....but, upon opening the drapes, I soon discovered it was cloudy and grey out there. And so the day began for me without the thrill of seeing a blue sky and bright sunlight streaming through the leaves of the trees outside our window.

This morning.....well, it was back to the bank to complete some financial transactions and then a trip to Wal-Mart for some things needed in the kitchen and fridge. Returning home, I answered the phone and it was my good friends who lately have been so badmouthed, as well as banned from their church home, by the powers of this very same church here in F'town......the church where Michael was employed and where he worked his butt off so that the church could grow and modernize it's worship presentations for the good of all of it's members.......and all of this will be continued and discussed in detail in the near future.

They wanted to take me to lunch.....and so a bit later, they arrived on my doorstep....and we were soon on our way to Farmington to the Firehouse for lunch. This was my first opportunity to each in this very small little restaurant......and I was immediately impressed when I stepped inside the door.....impressed with the restaurant's name being completely carried out through the use of many items dealing with firefighters, fire engines, equipment, pictures, etc. The menu was varied and had something to offer for everyone......either for lunch or for dinner. I ordered the catfish nuggets and sweet potato fries....a good choice. However, I feel that the "nuggets" were not nearly large enough.......they were so small that they reminded me of fried dill pickle pieces. There were plenty of them.....so it wasn't the quantity but just the size....because the breading on the catfish simply was way tooooo much for the tiny little bites of fish. The fried sweet potato fries were good, crisp on the outside and very tasty on the inside......I would definitely order them again. The coffee???? WELLLLLL......it was almost tasteless, however, not weak.....plenty dark, but there was really no coffee taste. Tasted like it had been brewed long enough, but just not a very good grind or brand of coffee. Some improvements should be made with the coffee!!

Returning home by mid-afternoon, after some lengthy discussions over many topics, I remembered that I was to have dinner at the HannerHouse at 6pm. OMG......how do I become hungry in just about three hours???? Arriving at their home at the appointed time, we had some wine, some great conversation, and then an excellent dinner.....as always in this house.....and this was followed by a wonderful evening discussing the events of the world and the joys of RVing for extended periods of time. Always a great time at the HannerHouse!!!!!

Returning to Buford Heights and the stick and brick, I am now looking forward to tomorrow....and it appears it will be raining again. We REALLY need the rain......REALLY!!!!!
It has been a good day.....my sagging hulk is sagging way tooooo much after today's intake of food.....but, no matter how much I find my hulk sagging more and more, as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ha! I could tell you didn't like the coffee!! Thanks for spending the time with us, we really enjoyed the afternoon....