Saturday, August 09, 2008

Florida Trip, Day 6: Another day of traveling......

OK......the same title as before....but, not too much to discuss here since the mornings are filled with getting the two granddaughters up and under control.....ALWAYS excited and excitable.....and then after Dr. Jeni and Darrel and Max are up and going......the packing has to be done, AGAIN.

Then.....it takes a small army to get everything to the Suburban.....and this morning, we needed a bulldozer just to push ALL of the things into the storage area behind the third row of seats. I can't believe how much STUFF there is back there.....and how many bags of all sizes and shapes there are....and it is like an infection.....they just keep multiplying!! IF we accumulate any more by tomorrow morning, we will have to rent a U-Haul!!!

This evening we are at a very nice Country Inn and Suites......seems really new and is quite nice. We have adjoining rooms as all of the suites were already taken by the time we arrived. Oh....we are in south Nashville......and at the present time, the 1st Lady is in the HUGE indoor pool with Meghan and Ava. We were told this is the largest hotel indoor pool in the Nashville area.....??? OK.....so who is measuring, anyway????

We ordered supper and had it delivered......just a bit weary and the kids were sooooo hyper to get into that BIG, BIG pool.....so, it was the easy way out. Hmmmm, how many times do we take the "easy way out" when we have grandchildren around....haha??

Wifi seems to be working great......right now, anyway. Today I received the most vile and hate filled "forward" that I believe I have read! I am still bothered by it.....and the hatred that it spewed forth...... I know that we are living in a hate filled era here in this great country......hatred for other races, hatred for other religions, hatred for those who are of different political views......but, this email did take the cake. I was raised a Methodist, joined the church while in the 7th grade, and have always been a person who is very tolerant of other people, other races and religions, and a firm believer that just being a Christian, as I am, does not give me the right to spew forth hatred for others who are not Christians. I have very personal friends who are Muslims, personal friends who are Buddhists, and friends who are atheists.........and I believe that each person is capable of making their own decisions as to their personal religion or to no religion at all. BUT......this email was so filled with hatred in it's "patriotism for our country" that I am greatly concerned for our future if there are many others who believe this type of philosophy concerning the direction our country needs to be heading. I am not sure when I have read anything that bothered me as much as this did...........and the real shocker is that it was forwarded to me by a friend who is a member of an organization that I belong to. Yes.......I am upset......very upset.

However,.........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!! (But....I will not be able to forget this email)

No comments: