Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday: Hmmmm......time to catch up on.... many things!!

WOW.....after fighting with that little guy in my head all day yesterday, I slept ALL night through. This is the first time that has happened in a LONG time.....and I really felt great this morning. I took the time for a leisurely breakfast and a couple of tall cups of French Roast coffee out on the patio.....and then.....

I realized that it was not going to get done if I sat on my ass sipping coffee all morning, so I changed into my work clothes, got the brushes, sponges, cleansing liquids, ladder, long hose, etc., etc. and went out to TheHowserHouse sitting in the driveway.....and after getting all of the above on the roof of the RV, I then began the difficult task of getting down on my hands and knees and began the actual hand scrubbing and rinsing and scrubbing and rinsing of the caked-on Texas dirt, ashes from the burning of Texas sugar cane, dirt from the past 7000 miles up to the Maritime Provinces and back.....and other little trips around. Yep......it has been way toooooo long since I have cleaned up the 5er. I couldn't do it before we left in June because of the tendonitis that I had in my right shoulder....and under doctors orders, I didn't attempt to get up there and scrub it down.

Soooo, it was quite an ordeal, to say the least. After an hour, the sun was bearing down on me with all of it's fury....and the heat was reflecting up off of the dirty white roof....and right into my eyes and through my sagging hulk. So, I gave up after having completed about 1/3 of the job....and leaving all of the cleaning materials on top, I climbed down and after having another cup of coffee, I began working in the yard. Lots of weeds that had grown up between and behind many of my shrubs and plantings.....and that took most of the afternoon. However......I did get most everything done that I wanted to do......

About 4pm, the sun was mostly hidden behind the drifting clouds, so I returned to the top of the 5er....and by 5:45, I had finished the job. WHEW!!!!! A few stains are left....a few gray markings are left from a bit of mildew(I think)....but, it is much better than it has been for over a year!!
Now....tomorrow I will begin to tackle the front, rear, and sides to get them washed and then begin the job of waxing the entire HowserHouse.

This evening.....I fixed a few hot dogs in the microwave, had a dose of my dark red medicine, and then sat myself down in front of the plasma and am now watching the Olympics again.....something I REALLY enjoy!!!!!! And, the tellie makes it sooooo beautiful to watch....WOW!!!!! May have to get one of these for TheHowserHouse on wheels!!!!

And soooo, a good day.....a busy day.....and a tired sagging hulk of me is now sitting here feeling like I did get a great deal accomplished today!!!! THAT makes me certain that, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: