Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday: Hmmmmm.......nothing done...but the day is gone??!!

Another gray day to wake up to......sure hope they don't continue!!! Gray days after gray days after gray days gets depressing after not too long. However, this afternoon the sun finally emerged and helped to make the humidity go higher....haha. Can't win for losing......

This morning I went out to the Bd. of Education Bldg. to take my check for our monthly health insurance.....UGH,,,UGH!!!! I have elected to keep this policy going as a supplemental for my Medicare...perhaps "supplemental" is not the correct term, but it picks up where Medicare leaves off. Amazing the cost of our policies!!!!! $615 per month total for both of us!!!!!! It is no wonder that we have millions of people living on the edge of financial ruin because they can't afford to purchase health insurance!!!!! SOMETHING has to be done........!!!!

This afternoon.....more rain...sun.....and more rain. By late afternoon, the sun was out to stay......and with the lawn quite wet, I didn't go outside to work. I have spent some time today going through pictures that I have taken this summer and beginning to edit out some of those that just don't need to be kept.

I had an interesting email, via Facebook, from another former student of mine who graduated from HS in Eldon in 1983. WOW......how the time flies by!!! And.......she was quite appreciative of all of the work we did in band......and the discipline that we maintained, which was vital for the success we enjoyed. She also issued an invitation to join her class at their 25th class reunion in September. That would be fun........I was at the 25th reunion for the class of '85 three years ago and it was really enjoyable!!

This afternoon I also had a former student drop by to discuss his first week in college.....at Univ of Missouri - St. Louis. We had a great talk......and discussed his major, the classes he is enrolled in for this semester, and the first time he has lived away from home and, more importantly, his close-knit family. Being away from home is not very easy for him......... a point in most of our lives that we have all lived through

Tonight....??? Enjoying the Olympics again.......I'll will miss them when they are finished this weekend.

Tomorrow.......we are joining friends at the Vance Vineyards for a late afternoon at the winery. One of groups that I enjoy are performing from 4pm until 8 tomorrow evening, so hope the weather is good. A few glasses of vino with some good jazz and a nice afternoon.......that's what we need!!! And with that in mind........I realize just how lucky I am to be able to enjoy these types of acitivities........and that ensures that, as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: