Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday: FINALLY...........................!!!!!!!!!!

Another day of clouds, drizzle, rains, and emerging sunshine through the waves of dark clouds. And......amidst all of this varied weather here on Buford Heights.......when it finally did quit with the dripping moisture, I decided that with the pleasant breezes and the sun not showing up for more than a few brief moments, I would get the sagging hulk of Me busy and wash TheHowserHouse on wheels!!!!!!!

WOW......this hasn't been done with any degree of thoroughness for almost a year!!!! Circumstances beyond my control have prevented me from completely washing it.....and there was all kinds of various dirts caked on the sides: Texas dry dirt, long dark spots from the burning of the sugar cane fields in Texas, dirt that blew across the border in the RGV from Mexico, sand and salt spray from Port Aransas, Texas, Missouri dirt, and then all kinds of gunk from this last trip which took us all the way to the northern tip of Nova Scotia, Canada.

Sooooo, there was a huge amount of elbow grease that had to be expended to get down to the gel-coated sides, and the front and rear caps......and it took me about five solid hours to get the job completed. However......it is now DONE!!!!!!! Will it last??? HELL NO!!! However, it does look better and it is now ready for the annual wax job, which will take all day........when there is a day without direct sun shining down on the RV. Soon.....very soon, I hope!

Later this afternoon.......well, I was about done in......and I was a bit concerned about my right shoulder, but at this point in time on Thursday night, everything seems to be OK with the shoulder......hopefully!!!!

This evening, with me living alone until Saturday.....I spent the evening enjoying the Olympics once again. WOW........what will I watch when this is over this weekend?????????? Sure I will find something that will interest me................???

And so, another day has disappeared from my Life......and, with a major task completed and checked off of my "to do" list,.......I feel really sure that.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: