Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday: Two days of........hmmmm, not too much!

Yep....the title above says just about all that needs to be said about the past two days!! These two days have seen nothing of much importance in our stick and brick.....nothing that anyone could enjoy hearing about. In fact......yesterday is such a lost memory of a day.....I can barely recall anything that I did do.

Today.......the 1st Lady left for about a week.....going first to her mother's in Monroe City....and then mid-week she will then go to Dr. Jeni's to enjoy being a new grammy......to Max. Me??? I am holding down the fort here......and it was sooooo damn easy to "hold down the fort" today that I spent most of the day on the patio just enjoying the wonderful weather.......and enjoying the fact that I didn't have to do anything, if I didn't want to do anything......and, I didn't!!

This evening, though, was a different story!! As I had plans to meet Andrew and Laura Gipson for dinner....they came by the stick and brick first.....and then we each drove to Farmington to "12 West" to have dinner. And.....as always....the food was very good as well as the wonderful ambience that the facility holds. We haven't been together for some time....and so we were there for almost three hours.....eating, talking, having some wine....and just enjoying each other's company, as the old saying goes. As Andrew and Laura are both band directors, we never lack for anything to talk about, not to mention all of the topics that we have in common besides that particular one. It was a really great evening......and one that I will remember for a long time!!

And so.....two days have passed without anything of real importance to my Life, other than this evening's dinner. Hopefully, tomorrow I will begin cleaning the outside of TheHowserHouse...on wheels.....and then wax it later this week. It is in dire need of getting a good bath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow......two days of relaxing......an evening with good friends......what more can one need to be able to say once again, that......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: