Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday: I'm a bit behind again........

Yesterday......well, we went to visit our son Mike, and then spent sometime with our granddaughter, Rachel. We haven't seen her since I put her on the plane in Cleveland, OH to fly back to STL after our week in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Soooo, it was late when we returned last night......and I was way to exhausted to be thoughtful and creative enough to write anything.

Today???? Well....a very relaxing day, a very pretty and comfortable day outside....and so, I spent as much time outside as I could manage to do. I had some trimming to do again.....and many other little things, such as washing some windows that had tons of crap on them....literally!!! HAHAHA....we have several very large windows and there is never a day that goes by without at least one or two birds that attempt to fly right through them and into our stick and brick.....but all they do is leave their calling card on the windows.....and then I have to get out the cleanser and wash all of their calling cards off. Sooooo......my day has been rather busy....but, I always say that if I don't get it done today, there is always tomorrow to get it done.........ahhhh, the joys of retirement!

I grilled some burgers this evening and we had some corn on the cob to accompany it....plus I had a couple of doses of my dark red medicine. This evening.......I have been watching off and on the Democratic National Convention, listening to a few of the speeches and hearing some terrible ones.......and then hearing a few that were just outstanding. I must admit that I got pretty emotional when Sen. Ted Kennedy spoke.........whew.....what memories were triggered from the past 40+ years!!!! A great family that has dedicated their lives to assisting sooooo many others of lesser means, working to make things better for our country.

And.....Michelle Obama's speech was an incredible speech about her life, their life, their values.....perhaps she should run for public office....after she has raised her girls. It was a very moving, very open and honest view into their lives as a couple, a family, and as great Americans who really care about those in need.......it was a really great speech! An incredible way to end the evening!!!!!

As always.........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: