Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another one of those "Varied" days.......

Hmmmm, for some reason at 6:00am I was wide awake......laid there as quietly as I could until 6:30 and then said to myself, "to hell with it".....and pulled my sagging, evolving hulk up to a sitting position, oriented myself to this early rising, and then padded out of the room, down the hallway, and got the coffee maker perking, trying to get it to be a bit quieter...HA! I do not enjoy rising at this early time of the day, but for some unknown reason I am waking earlier and earlier each day....DAMN!!

So, I sipped a couple of cups of coffee, read the online newspapers, checked my email, and just remained quiet until 8am when the ladies of the house began to stir around. After a quick shower and my normal morning rituals, I took my last cup of coffee outside onto the patio and enjoyed the morning sun and fresh air. Oopssssss, did I just say "fresh air"????? Oh well......my mother-in-law still smokes and the air inside the house is never fresh.......so going outside is always a nice way to start the day.

I spent most of the morning doing some reading in and out of the house......I'm into a book.....finally. With 709 pages....I am only on page 53, so I am not certain it is going to be a good book....yet. But, I need to get my mind into something other than the "news" right now......

After a great lunch of freshly fried chicken, the 1st Lady and I left for the stick and brick. BUT.....we "had" to make a stop in the ST Louis area........and so, we stopped and shopped at the Chesterfield Commons Mall at the Sam's Club store. Spent way tooo much time there and then it was on the Gravois Bluffs Mall for a stop at Kohl's. I dropped off the 1st Lady there...with her cell phone turned on.....and went across the street to the local Starbuck's Coffee Shop......got my usual grande cappuccino and sat and enjoyed the music playing in the shop.......some operatic arias of which I really do love!!!!

Then it was back across the street and after waiting for 40 minutes in the car, I called her and told her it was time to get moving. Sooooo, we left....and drove to Farmington where we stopped to order a birthday cake for this approaching weekend.......enough said for now. This weekend the stick and brick will be full as it is the town's annual Azalea Festival.....the BIG event in the town for the year!!!!!! Dr. Jeni and Darrel and girls, as well as Becky and Rachel, will all be here to take part in the "festivities"....i.e.....the carnival rides for the granddaughters!!!!

In the spring of 1992, Dr. Jeni's senior year in H.S., she was selected as the Queen of the Azalea Festival........and so, it always brings back many memories of that particular weekend!!!! It was very exciting for her......not to mention our excitement when she was selected by the panel of judges and the announcement made. Ahhhhhh........memories!!!

Arriving home, we unloaded the car, I went out to WalMart to get some gas for our early morning departure tomorrow to go see Michael.....and then to be at Rachel's 4th Grade "Graduation"......as next year she moves on to another of the schools there....a different building and area of town.

And so.....this day has been varied!!!!! And.....isn't that a good thing???? I think so.....keeps me multi-tasking in my advancing evolvement of Life! And soooooo, as I still believe....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: