Thursday, April 10, 2008

WOW......we are almost surrounded by water below our hill.....

I was awakened around 4am......and realized that it was beginning to rain......and rain HARD!!!! And.....this continued on and off ALL day!!!!! Yep.....I do not know how many inches we received, but it WAS several.......in fact, they dismissed school right after lunch today, or at least they must have because the school bus stopped at our corner and let off the neighborhood kids around 1:40pm.....two hours earlier than normal.

At around 7pm, I drove down the hill.....but had to change course to another street as the entire park, soccer fields, ball fields, street, etc., etc was covered completely by the raging waters of the creek. Now......granted, it will go down just about as fast as it came up.......but, we did have one street that we could have descended the hill on had we needed to go somewhere. The waters had spread over a HUGE area.........looked like a large lake.

The 1st Lady had gone to Cape and to see Mike with Becky joining her for the morning.....and she returned around 4:30 this afternoon, not having any trouble with the high waters. I......I woke up with a headache.......and now have the beginnings of a sore throat. I spent several hours working and completing our income taxes for the Feds and the State.......however, I had to spend a LOT of time talking with Toshiba......as my wonderful little lappie began locking up and wouldn't shut down.....and sometimes wouldn't come on!!!!! Several calls did get me professional help, but it just took sooooooo damn much time to do all of this.....right when I was in the middle of answering questions and doing some calculations on various figures.......DAMN!!!

Word has reached me that there is someone.....perhaps, more than "one".....who has had enough of reading about my on-going "plumbing problems"! Well.......SORRY about that, but I AM the one who has the problem and I AM the person who writes this blog and I AM the person who has to think about this everyday/night and I AM the person who worries myself about this and the possible cause of this "plumbing problem"at the ripe age of 65.......sooooo, I AM NOT going to apologize for the subject matter and topics of this daily rambling......which IS a journal of MY Life and one that I use to refer back to from time to time when needed!!!!!!!!

The 1st Lady is leaving in the morning to visit her mother in Monroe City for several days. She is taking her to a doctor's appt. next Tuesday...and then will return here to the stick and brick after that. Me.....I have several things to do.....finish the taxes and get them mailed off.....write a recommendation for a former student of mine.......need to find a compatible time to listen to a former piano student of mine who is playing at the Mo. State Music Festival later this month......and then wade through the mud to get the yard cleaned up from the winter weather of snow and ice and RAIN.

Last fall.......I began writing at various times......the "chapters" of my Life.....and soooo many comments/emails/replies about the little autobio of this sagging hulk of me. Soooo, I am hoping to continue this, beginning with the next chapter from where I left off. Now......When I do this, I will post the archived months and days where the earlier chapter are printed and so that you can review, or just simply begin to read from the beginning of.........me.

Rains have let up......the cold...not cool...weather is due in here this weekend with the lows below freezing...AND possible snow flurries!!!!! DAMN......take me back to the Rio Grande Valley!!!!

RAIN.....COLD.....FLURRIES........it all goes to make up our Life, like it or not.......sooooo, even with these weather fluctuations, I am quite certain that no matter what........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!........And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: