Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quite a Day.......

The alarm rang at 5am.....and after a quick run of the morning rituals...I woke the 1st Lady....and 30 minutes later we were on our way to Festus....just south of St Louis. Checking into the Twin Cities Surgery Center at 7am.....I was soon in a bed...and before long, it was 8 and I was on my way to the surgery room. I had no longer arrived in there....and I blanked out. Yep....whatever they put in the IV took affect QUICKLY.....and the next thing I knew it was 8:45...and the 1st Lady was sitting beside me in the recovery room....and from what she said, I had been talking to her and everyone for about 20 minutes.....BUT.....I don't remember a damn thing!! Some kind of "loss of memory" drug, so I don't know if I was screaming in pain while the procedure was going on or whether I just laid there???? Who knows.........I suppose the Dr. and his team who were doing the exploratory looking inside me!!!

Long story short: The Dr. told the 1st Lady that nothing was seen......that there was nothing "foreign growing" in there....and so, it must just be a "growing problem". GOOD....as I believe that can be fairly well controlled by meds.

Even though I was really groggy, slightly dizzy, and just plain "out of it".....we, at my request, went across the street to Panera Bread and had a pastry and I had a cappuccino dry. WOW....the coffee tasted good!!!!! After that, with the 1st Lady driving, thank God, we went to Kohl's as she needed some new clothes for a banquet tonight......and so, I just kind of hung out, leaning on the shelves, finding a chair in the shoe dept. and just slowly......ohhhhh soooo slowly...began to regain my normal thought processes. Hmmmmm, sure wonder what I might have said in that surgery room????!!!!

We headed back to F'town and were home by noon or slightly afterwards. The afternoon was spent just laying around..........just simply doing nothing!!!

Tonight....yep, I am feeling better....in fact, much like my normal sagging hulk of me. Just really exhausted, though. I have some new meds for infection to ingest each day, as well as some pain pills for the "burning sensations"...........should be over in a day or two.

And soooooo, tomorrow???? Who knows.........and as a friend who writes a daily blog always says, "I just can't wait to see what the day has in store....". But, no matter what happens tomorrow.......after a day like today.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, sure glad to hear that things went well with your surgery. We look forward to seeing you next Monday evening. How about meeting us at Fiddlesticks to share a dinner together? Just name the time and let us know.
Take care of yourself,
Ed & Marilyn