Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yep.....Spring is HERE.....(at least, today).....

Am I not being optimistic enough about the season....which is almost a month old??? I guess I am just not confident enough.....am I??? Well.......the rains are returning tomorrow and Saturday around this part of the state.......let's see how those temps hold up and then I will know whether or not that Spring has arrived........as if that is the most important thing in my Life....huh??

After the alarm awakening me, I pulled myself up into a sitting position....and then wobbled my sagging hulk to the necessary room.....and jumped into a steaming hot shower attempting to jump start my day. After a quick cup of steaming hot French Roast.......I took care of a few items in the stick and brick and then moved to the outside to begin the final checking of TheHowserHouse and the truck before hitting the highway. I had planned my departure so that I, hopefully, would be on the highway on the other side of town by 8:30.........but, I needed to wait to leave the driveway until about 8:15....as that is when the local high school begins the first class. I have to get onto the busy highway that leads to the H.S.......and it is difficult enough to get the rig going on an incline and pull out onto the highway without having to worry about lots of high school traffic.

And.....my plans materialized completely....and I was through town and onto the highway going to STL by 8:30. By the time I had passed through south STL and drove out to Eureka southwest of the city......I arrived right at 10AM........93 miles in 90 minutes. NOT toooooo bad for pulling TheHowserHouse up the highway!!!!

WOW....Byerly's service center was right on top of everything.....and greeted me warmly when I stepped inside. The entrance to the Service Center is marked nicely on the asphalt with lines and markings as to where to stop your rig for the service. Inside.....they were actually awaiting my arrival....as they had an opening for this afternoon in one of the service bays, even though the 5er wasn't scheduled until tomorrow morning. Sooooo, I unhooked it from the truck.....and left the keys inside when I signed off on the work order. Both new tires have arrived.....as well as the new axles!!! And.....it will be ready for pickup on Monday morning........!!!! GREAT......I felt soooo sorry for TheHowserHouse as I drove away........it just sat there on the asphalt looking sooooo lonesome among all of the other units that were sitting there.......and none of them actually knew any of the others.....all strangers within the enclosed fence!! Little did TheHowserHouse realize that it was going to have a complete transplant of two very, very important parts of it's body........

And so......driving away, I returned to STL...actually Fenton...and stopped at a new Starbucks....to pick up a grande cappuccino........ummmmmm.....soooo damn good! After that, I drove back to the stick and brick.....and arrived back around 12:30pm.

The rest of the day was a bit more relaxing..........the 1st Lady returned around 4pm after being gone for almost a week visiting with her mother, as well as taking her to two Dr.'s appointments during the past couple of days.

A little later, my former piano student who is about to graduate from H.S......came over to discuss his senior year...and his plans for the future. Still undecided as to which of two universities he will attend........I am anxious to learn of his decision, a big decision for him!

And sooooo, another terribly fascinating day of my Life has quickly passed by........just an average day for me, other than leaving TheHowserHouse alone in the suburbs of STL. However.........I can say with enthusiasm that.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: