Monday, April 28, 2008

Weather: FROST!!! .....Dinner with Ed and Marilyn

Can you actually believe it???? Frost is expected here in NE Misery tonight....and also in F'town in SE Misery!!!! I actually believe there will not be any prolonged Spring season........we will just go from this type of strange weather right into the Heat and Humidity of the Summer Season in Misery!!! UGH!!!!!!

Today in Monroe City???? Chilly, windy, a bit of rain, but overall, a really decent day. We have had a good visit today with the 1st Lady's mother......and, a brief 30 minutes with her younger brother, David, when he came to the house for lunch with us. This afternoon.......well, to be quite honest, after eating a LARGE lunch.....I soon found myself on the sofa and soon was out in la-la land taking a nap....something I rarely every do!!!!??

And….I slept almost two hours….WHEW!!! This is something new for me……..and when I awoke, I was even a bit groggy…..tooooooo much sleep???? Perhaps so!

The 1st Lady and I had made plans to meet friends from Llano Grande RV Resort for dinner in Hannibal…….so, we got ourselves cleaned up and ran over to Hannibal. We made a couple of quick stops at two hardware stores looking for a certain kind of weed killer that the 1st Lady, a retired Chemistry teacher, was looking for to kill (perhaps?) the wild violets in our lawn. We did find one small container of the type she was searching for….and then it was a quick run out to Fiddlesticks….a nice restaurant where we have dined many times before.

Ed and Marilyn had already arrived…..and soon we were having a glass of dark red medicine together…..and for the next two hours, the four of us never came to a period!!!!! Amazing…..we have many things in common, not to mention our love for rving……and our love for travel. It was almost as if we never had time to take a breath!!!! Because they have lived in Monroe City for a long time prior to moving to Kansas, the 1st Lady and the two of them have many acquaintances in common. And what does this bring to my aging mind???? The catchy tune: “It’s a Small World”!!!!!! And….it really is!

Anyway…..it was a wonderful two hours!!!!! And…..I realize just how much I miss the friendships and fun we had in the RGV for almost three months this winter!!!! WOW….I just can’t wait to return!!!!!!!! As Ed and Marilyn said tonight…….being here is like being back in reality…..with all of the responsibilities that reality brings with it. All four of us would rather be in the RGV!!!!!!

A GREAT dinner….a GREAT evening with friends…..and they all combine to assure that……

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!……And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: