Sunday, April 20, 2008

Guess???? THIS was a perfect....PERFECT Spring Day!!!

The aging, sagging hulk of me......seems to be struggling to remain in a horizontal position past 6:30AM any more.....?? Not sure why.....but, since the sun is up and shining, at least today, I really don't mind the early hour. I quietly left the bedroom in it's darkness, closing the door quietly, and then made my Fr. Roast coffee as the lappie got itself going and loading and ready for me to read the Sunday online papers.

I sat at the bar where I could look out the back wall of windows and enjoy the birds at the feeders....trying to gobble all the sunflower seeds down before the squirrels and the CATS discovered them at the feeder. At 8, I began my Sunday morning marathon of talking head shows....one per major network......and agreed and then disagreed with some of those heads on each show.

As soon as they were finished and I had taken care of my morning rituals, I headed out the door and into the yard......my trusty rake in my hand....ready to attack the yard and all of the hidden sticks, limbs, and twigs that were doing their best to not be seen my this sagging hulk. And so, the immense task began......raking up all of those hidden wooden villains into smaller piles so tha they would fit into the wheel barrow. Well........I worked until almost 5pm.....and I WON!!!! Yep.....the battle is finished.....and I have declared myself the VICTOR!!!! And.....those piles of everthing were soon consumed in a victory fire.....as I danced around it with my rake in hand, making certain that none of those wooden villains escaped their fiery fate. And so....the end of the afternoon arrived, the victory dance completed, and their fiery fate sealed with smoke......

A glass of dark red medicine was due.......my body was needing it desperately as it was beginning to scream in protest from all of the "fighting with the rake" that I had done today!!!! And.....soon, I was feeling a bit better and decided to grill some burgers for supper tonight. The 1st Lady made a delicious slaw.....and the burgers were grilled as close to perfect as I have done for quite some time!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!

The day is growing dark......and in checking my emails, I found one from Charlie and Kathy who live in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada........friends that are from our winter in the RGV!!! WONDERFUL people who also love to square dance.........we sooo enjoy our times together that we are making plans to stop and see them this summer.......we can't wait!!!!

Tomorrow.....I am running up to Eureka outside of STL to pick up TheHowserHouse. Yep....she is ready to come home after her weekend away from this sagging hulk. New axles....new tires, new "lots of things".........and it is time...I have to wash her, massage her roof with conditioner, and then put some fresh make-up/wax on her skin so that she will shine and also repel any nasty little flying critters that always like to cling to the front of her, taking a free ride, but also.....meeting a timely death at the same time!! Ahhhhh, they are sooooo damn difficult to get off when they smash their guts against the front of the RV!!!!!

Hmmm.....later this week I will have to submit my sagging hulk to the mercy of the Dr's who will lay me down, administer some "memory blockers" in my bloodstream, and then take a "Fantastic Voyage" up my plumbing pipes to explore and see if there might be anything hiding up there that shouldn't be allowed to remain!!!!! I have been told that this "Fantastic Voyage" will not take more than 15 minutes......but, I'm not certain they realize just how long the journey might be for them.......heehee!!! Guess we'll all find out Thursday morning..........

Sooooooo, the muscles of this hulk are screaming loudly "You worked us too hard!!!". Sooo, I will bring this day's post to an end.....and let my body sag a bit more.....into a horizontal position, and enjoy the rest of the evening in front of the tellie!!! You know what????......of course, you do......and that is:

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: