Sunday, April 06, 2008

What a beautiful Spring day!!

Wow....it was almost nearly impossible to remain inside today.....the temps were in the middle 60's, a very, very light breeze, bright blue sky.....and LOTS of mud underneath my feet each time I stepped onto the lawn.

Where did the morning go to???? I played with Ava and Meghan.......assisting Meghan on the piano again....until she could play the melody and I played a duet with her by chording and jazzing up Mary with her Lamb.

Again today.......it was Grand Central Station with people dropping by to visit. Andy and Laura from the Edwardsville, IL area(Andy is a former student of mine and is now a high school band director) were in town so they stopped by for an hour or two, with a couple of glasses of my dark red medicine. With Dr. Jeni/Darrel and the girls still here, the 1st Lady had just set the food onto the table for a mid-afternoon dinner when Andrew and Laura arrived......so I ate and talked with them.

They had not been gone very long when the doorbell rang....and it was Chuck, another former student and now a high school band director. More dark red medicine was shared....and we visite for a couple of hours....covering many topics during our talks!!!! It was great to see him again......

Sooooo, it was after 5pm before our stick and brick resumed it's normal quiet atmosphere.....as by that time everyone, including Dr. Jeni and family, had left and returned to their own stick and brick homes. I swept the hardwood floors, vacuumed the carpets, and generally put things back in place.

Sooooo, a very busy day here!!!!!! It is ALWAYS wonderful to see my former students......and even more so to learn how things are going with those who are now making their living in the field of music education and performance!!!! With 38 former students whose careers involve being in music education, music performance, music therapy, music business........I am really excited to learn of their successes in their chosen careers!!!!!!! THIS is what being an educator.....a band director.....is all about!!!!! Watching them succeed and enjoy their lives!!!

And so....another day goes by. Tomorrow I am meeting another former student, my former associate band director here at F'town........for coffee in the morning. We haven't been together for many months....tooooo many months....and I am really looking forward to seeing him again!!!!
Sooooo....after a wonderful day.......I know all toooooo well that.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: