Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today.....Is is REALLY Spring??? Sure looks and feels like it!!!

WOW......what a gorgeous day it was today!!!! Can we stay this way here in Misery.....oops....today it has been Missouri!!! Looks like rain is coming tomorrow evening and the following day....but that is to be expected here during the spring season.

Today....after a cup of French Roast coffee.....a quick look at my email and a brief glance at the online newspapers that I read daily......I finished taking the plants outside into the bright sunshine....and then I left for Cape Girardeau....and the LensCrafters shop in the mall. WELL......the highway between here and there is under construction, once again......part II of their plans to get the highway paved and widened. And........it took me about 30 minutes longer than usual to make the drive down there.....we were stopped a couple of times for the construction efforts.

Anyway.....arriving there, I quickly went into the shop....and put on the sunglasses that they had made for me during the past week.....AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........the damned things were not made correctly....my vision was fuzzy when looking through them!!!! Soooo, after several adjustments and "try-ons".....they decided that they had to be remade!!!! Oh well....each trip just counts for the 2008 IRS deductions..........

Then......I stopped at Starbucks for a cappuccino.....grande.....and began enjoying it immediately!!!! Leaving Starbucks......I went over to Sears to check on stainless steel refrigerators.....and looked over the three door models.....talking with a sales lady....asking questions, listening to her....and asking more questions. Sooooo, a decision on this purchase is just around the corner, so to speak. Next week??????

I did a bit of more hurried shopping....and took longer than I had anticipated doing.....and so by the time I returned to the stick and brick on Buford Heights.....it was later than I had planned for it to be! By the time I did return......I was not in the mood to work in the yard again today....and I will more than likely be upset with myself for not working in the yard.

Tonight.......after a light supper......I watched the debate and Tivo'd "American Idol"......However, I did flip channels at the end to see who was voted off of "Idol"....and I certainly agreed with the results!!!!! And sooooo, the evening has progressed and tomorrow........

Tomorrow I am off to Eureka, MO.....where I have to take "TheHowserHouse" for the replacement axles and new tires which Forest River's Cedar Creek Division is furnishing for me, along with the shop charges for installing all of that. I will have to leave it there for a few days....and then return to pick up next week.

Nova Scotia???? Well.....I checked online and found out that the diesel fuel prices there are $1.44 PER LITRE!!!!!! Now....that is rounded off....and it does depend which gas station is used, of course.....BUT........that makes the price of a gallon around......$5.76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And....THAT price is in Canadian dollars!!!!!!!! Soooooo, thanks to the Bush Administration who wishes to make certain that the price of gas rises, since they are not doing one damned thing about trying to halt the rise in prices.........it will be a few pennies more than $5.76 as of today.

Soooo, myself......I am beginning to re-think our summer journey to Nova Scotia.......which would most likely find us driving close to 6000 miles......and with towing the 5er at about 10-11 mpg......the costs are rising daily........THANKS to George and Dick!!!! Some intense discussions and some hard calculations are going to have to be made.....quickly!!!!! We will be going to Niagara Falls in Canada for the Canadian National Cedar Creek Rally.....no matter what the cost.

And so.....on that note of the unreal cost of gas........albeit depressing.......I still, and always will, firmly believe that............

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: