Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OMG.....another Catch-Up entry.......

With the advent of short term memory loss.....I am going to either have to make notes each day....or stop being so damned lazy and write this every night!!

Yesterday......I was up bright and early....and then by 8:30 I was having coffee with a good friend, former band parent, member of the bd. of education, and a local insurance agent. We hadn't been able to find time to meet for a LONG time....and so we talked and visited for a LONG time yesterday morning at the local coffee shop. It was great to see him again!!!!

The afternoon......well, it was playing a waiting game.......waiting for the damned lawn to dry out so I could walk across it without sinking up to the top of my shoes!!!! But.....it didn't really dry out enough to let me work and clean up the yard...........

After dinner......Dave and Sue came over to check out Dancing With The Stars with the HD program on my plasma.....and it is really beautiful!!! Then we looked at some of our pictures of the trip to Egypt/Jordan.......connecting the lappie to the plasma tv in the wall. Sure makes the pictures stand out.......and it is great to see them again and revive those fun and incredible memories!!!!!!!

Today???????

Up and going slower this morning.......I awoke with a bothersome headache....but after about an hour, some Fr. Roast coffee, and lots of water(I needed that!).....I was ready to spend some time in the yard. Sooooooooo, I raked...and I raked......and I raked.......limbs, twigs, leaves, junk, etc., etc. into small piles around the back yard. After lunch......I went to the burn pile and began to burn many of the dried grasses which the 1st Lady and I had cut down last week......and then I began to put the piles of crap into the wheel barrow and transported them to the burn pile....and before long they were all gone up in smoke.

By that time.....I decided it was 5 o'clock somewhere....and so I had a dose of my dark red medicine sitting on the patio and munching on some of those wonderful Tostidos With a Hint of Lime!!!!! WOW......I can't stay away from them.....sooooooo crisp and soooooo tasty!!!! Love them!! After a dose of the medicine, I decided to grill another steak....and so I put a potato into the convection oven.....and about an hour later I was dining on a perfectly grilled steak and a delicious potato!!!!!!

Tonight.......I am enjoying American Idol.....such incredible talent, especially by the guys!!! This has to be the best year of finalists that I have seen or remembered. Then.....now it is the Dancing With the Stars......which is a bit corny, .....I like the competition from last night better than this!!!

And sooooo, two days have gone by....and you know what I haven't done yet?????? I have not reviewed my blog to see where I need to begin again on my Life Chapters.....and I do want to get back to that again. MUST DO!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow.....back to the yard....and then a trip to Cape G. to pick up my prescription sunglasses......again!!!!

OHHHHH......I finally got together with Doug Porter of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.......our great friends from the RGV with whom we square danced with, as well as traveled together when we left the Valley down in Texas!!! WOW......it has been at least a week since we have talked...and we both have lots to catch-up to do....but, our conversation was interrupted as he had a client arriving for an appointment. He is what we here in the States call a CPA.......but, it is a different titled name in Canada. Anyway.......it was great to visit for a few minutes!!!!!! Let's do it again, Doug!!!!

And so....another two days of my every shortening Life has come and gone....UGH!!!!! HAHA...you know I got to thinking about Osmosis.......and realize that is why things have started happening to me!!! Yep......once I put that Medicare Card into my wallet and into my pocket......my body instantly knew it!! And so......that is why it started to act differently and give me a couple of minor problems........wouldn't you agree???????????????? Got to insulate that card a bit better........my shell, my sagging hulk of me doesn't need to get any wild ideas now that I have that damned old age card!!!!! However.........as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!

No comments: