Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day 94: Back in the stick and brick....as TheHowserHouse sits quietly in the driveway

RAIN....RAIN.....and more rain arrived at the Sam's Town RV Park during the night.....and when I got up, the ground was saturated and the water was standing on the ground. I began to get things ready with TheHowserHouse to travel northward....and then!!!!! I noticed one tire that was almost bald on the inside of the tire.......it looked really dangerous!! So, then I checked the other tires and OMG....another one was just as bad.

Sooooo, I got the yellow pages from the Park Office....and found a Goodyear shop just off of I-55 at the state line in Memphis.....and calling them brought good results. They could get two tires within the hour....and so.....we hurridly finished storing the things inside and out.....and were soon on our way...about 35 miles from where we were at Sam's Town.

Within 1.5 hours, the new tires were installed......and I kept the old tires to do some checking with Cedar Creek about what happened to them. Goodyear had been called by the shop I was buying from.....and the company did not think what happened should have happened to the tires in less than 9000 miles of road travel!!!! Soooo.......when I can get a moment......

We arrived home around 3:30 this afternoon.....and quickly began to unload things into the stick and brick. However, we couldn't begin to finish.....and just decided to call a halt to this task until tomorrow.

I have my urologist's appointment in Arnold tomorrow at 8:30am. Anxious to get this done....and hopefully begin the process of learning about my plumbing problems.......

And so,........enough tonight. We are at home......about 7000 miles driven during the three months of wintering in Texas and the 10 day visit to New Orleans. Simply.......a wonderful, wonderful three months in sunny Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW.......!!!!! Can't wait until next year..........soooo many new friends were made and it will be great to see them again!!!!

What more can be said?????????

LIFE IS INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!! (Remember: Life is toooo short to stay in one place!)

No comments: