Saturday, April 05, 2008

OH YEAH.....I AM alive and well!!!!

Ahhhh......so what happened to this evolving, aging sagging hulk of me yesterday that I didn't get a post made last night??????? We had waited most of the day for our expected visitors to arrive.......and then late in the afternoon, we received a call that they wouldn't be here!!!! Hmmmm......my thoughts at the time were not very kind, but whatever....Life goes on, doesn't it?

However, about 11pm last night Dr. Jeni and Darrel, Meghan and Ava did come down from their Estate in Franklin County......and the 1st Lady was ecstatic to see the two granddaughters once again!!!! It had been over three months since we had been together.....and she was really needing this granddaughter fix. We had seen our other granddaughter over Easter weekend in New Orleans....and then again early yesterday afternoon when we attended a small ceremony at her elementary school in Cape G. where she received a cute little award for her work in the classroom!!! Soooo, last night...after we got the girls to bed, we sat up and talked for quite some time....until it was really quite late.......

Today.....two little girls running rampant through the stick and brick and having a wonderful time with the openness of our home........lots of room to play and enjoy! All day long we had people dropping in unexpectedly......many to see Dr. Jeni and Darrel.....and even his parents who live in Branson were in the area on business and they stopped in for an hour or so to visit. At one time......we had a great Happy Hour on the patio in the back of the stick/brick....with 12 people here having a great time visiting and enjoying drinks and snacks.

Later....I grilled some steaks, the 1st Lady did the baked potatoes and green beans....and soon we were enjoying a great meal together as the sun set behind our patio room where we have the dining table......most of the wall is glass and overlooks the patio and back lawn(????). More like a mud yard with some brave tufts of grass penetrating through the muck!!!

And sooooo,......a wonderful day......and I taught Meghan to play Mary Had a Little Lamb.....by rote. My grand piano will soon be hers to take home with her......I just have to make the decision that I am completely ready to let her take it.....it has been a part of my Life and an extension of my soul for 25 years or more......and it is not an easy decision for me to make..........................but,...

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: