Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday.....and a beautiful day.....again!! Tomorrow??? Hmmmm.....

YEP......another gorgeous day....Spring in Missouri is always fleeting, so it IS important to enjoy each day in this season when that day is beautiful!! Tomorrow......hmmmmm, we have Flash Flood warnings with perhaps upwards of 2 inches to arrive upon our already very drenched, saturated, and muddy soil here in southeast Missouri. I still have to tiptoe across our lawn...going from one distinct patch of tough grass to another......just to keep from going deep down into the mud under the grasses.

This morning I was up VERY early......why?? Well, my aching/throbbing shoulder was just giving me fits all night long.....and so by 4am I decided to get out of the bedroom so that the 1st Lady could sleep a bit more peacefully......rather than lay next to me as I tossed and turned and groaned with the shoulder.

Soooo, I have been awake since 4 this morning........! UGH!!! I had an appt to meet my great friend, Goldie, at the local coffee shop at 8:30, so I was focused on that while having my own Fr. Roast coffee before going to the city center.

Having not written too much about the tire problems I had returning to Missouri from Tunica, MS last week.......long story short: Three of my tires were practically bald on the inside part of the tire tread.....no tread left on the inside. I purchased two new ones to replace the two that were the worst....and then came on home. With discussions with other Cedar Creek owners across the country, I began to realize that the cause was most likely the axles under TheHowserHouse.........quite a few have had to be replaced on other CC rigs. Soooo, I took pictures of the tires........and,

Last night, after talking with the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club national President....I decided to write to the main individual at the Cedar Creek factory who manages the repairs and assists with problems that the owners might have. I explained the problem.......attached the pictures of the tires......and sent my phone number to Steve Hicks. Well.........this morning........

I had planned to call him after meeting Goldie for coffee, BUT.......while at the coffee shop my phone rang....and it was Steve Hicks!!!! Yep......he told me that Cedar Creek would REPLACE both axles, send me two new tires, and then REIMBURSE me for the $597.00 I spent last week on the two new tires I purchased in Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW....WOW....WOW....WOW!!!!!!!!

WHAT a company!!!!!!!!! That replacement of the axles and tires and reimbursement is obviously many, many thousands of dollars....and, GET THIS: my warranty is no longer valid! But, as Cedar Creek has done with others who have had this same problem........all of this, including the shipping of the axles/tires/etc. and the installation of the axles will be taken care of by Cedar Creek!!!!! What does that say about the Cedar Creek Company??????? About the parent company....Forest River?????? It says that they do stand behind their products.....they place high value on their customers opinions and their relations with the public....AND on the customers safety!!!! I AM SOOOO IMPRESSED.......and, I am so glad to be a Cedar Creek owner!!!!! Many, many, many thanks to Steve Hicks and to Cedar Creek........!!!!!!!!

Soooo, after returning to our stick and brick, the 1st Lady was ecstatic about the phone call from Steve!!!! We have been flying high all day........

The rest of the day was spent doing some yard work.......at least where we could get to without sinking in the mud......and then this evening, the 1st Lady went to Farmington to meet some of her friends for dinner this evening.

Tomorrow....rain, as I said above. I had planned to run up to Eldon to close the final accounts of my deceased mother, but I have elected to wait until Wednesday hoping the rains will have disappeared by that time. The roads to Eldon from here.....200+ miles.... are all over hill and dale....and for the most part, only ragged two lane highways, so I will wait until Wed morning to run up there, take care of the necessary business and return to F'town that afternoon.

And so.......a beautiful day.......a day full of happiness from one phone call, saving us many, many, many dollars, and a day of thanks and gratitude for the decision by Cedar Creek/Forest River/Steve Hicks for replacing our malfunctioning axles on TheHowserHouse!!!!! And, of course.......there is no doubt that.....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: